JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Playroom Design | Selecting a Rug

June 29, 2015

As the kids are getting just a bit older and their toys are changing, so does the playroom.  I'm not complaining.  I love it.  In fact, it helps feed my design ADD and I see no reason to leave things exactly the same for very long.

  We recently moved our antique armoire out to the playroom because it didn't really fit in any of the other rooms and we can always use more storage in the kids space.  I really want to get a new, larger rug for this room.  Something bigger than 8x12.  I want something that's thick enough to not wiggle around on the floor, even with a rug pads something too light won't stay put.  It also needs to be fairly soft because we'll all be sitting on it a lot.  It doesn't need to feel like a cloud, just squishy enough on my knees and ankles.

 
I've bought almost all of my rugs from RugsUSA when they have their big sales.  Right now almost everything is 75% off so it's the perfect time to pull the trigger.  I've narrowed it down to the two choices above. 




I also fancied things up a bit with art from Minted, furniture from Serena & Lily and Pottery Barn Kids (who are offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders) and pillows from Furbish.  But the details will most likely evolve and I'd like to incorporate more of the kids artwork into this room.

So tell me, which do you like better?  Help me choose!  I love them both and am having a really hard time deciding which I'll be happier with long term.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is so fun! It's out of my comfort zone for sure but I think it could look so fun!

      Delete
  2. The tan rug- I think it's a nice neutral background that will work with anything to move/ change in the room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 is more "playroom" to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely much more playful, that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. I have #1 and love it! Comfy enough for me and baby to play on

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 29, 2015

    2 speaks FUN! 1 speaks safe adult. Need I say more?
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had #2 in my playroom for 2 years and love it! Super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have #1 in our playroom and love it. Definitely thick but soft! Ours sheds a lot though although both rugs might have that issue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have #1 in a different color and it sheds a ton. You can't wear black pants anywhere near it :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blue chevron but #1 seems more like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think #1! But then just thought #2 may hide playroom stains better. Both would be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the contrast that No. 2 brings. But either option is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJune 30, 2015

    Option #1. The neutral color would go well with any other room in your house should you choose to move it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2! We have a similar navy and white rug from RugsUSA and it has been great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Neither - chevrons are getting tired and the neutral is not fun enough for a playroom.

    ReplyDelete
  15. #2 looks more like a playroom rug, but I am so tired of chevron :) I like #1 because it is neutral but has a classic design, and it will go with anything. You can always add bright pillows and other colorful accents.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can't go wrong with either, I love the look of both! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mock-ups are too cute, love them both. I promise I did not sit down intending to order a new rug but thanks to you, I just ordered that first one for my kids' room! Eeek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Inane number 1 in a runner and LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the heads up on this sale!!! We finally pulled the trigger on our two much-needed rugs tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk