JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Family Room Updates

July 13, 2015

It's been a long while since I've given you a real update on our family room on here and I've got a little bit of progress to share with you today!  If you follow me on instagram then you've probably noticed lots of changes happening in there lately.  This room is still evolving but I'm finally feeling like it's headed in a direction my husband and I both love. 


You'll notice the new rug first!  It was one of the contenders I posted about a few weeks ago for the playroom.  When it came in last Friday afternoon I unrolled it I realized the color and size worked really well in our family room and it made more sense to give this room an upgrade.  In all seriousness, the family room stays clean and clutter free and the playroom perpetually looks like two preschoolers played in there for hours a day.  Family Room won.  The rug is 9'6"x13'6" and with the big summer sale came to just over $500.  *Be sure to use code: SUMMER70 at checkout*  It's thick and squishy and feels really great on our toes compared to the sisal we had before.  My husband loves it too and I'm working on making sure I include him more in our home decorating decisions.


Now, I still love the sisals.  We've bought four of the 9x12 size and two runners over the past three years during this same big summer sale and I would buy them again if we need to replace one.  But it sure is nice to feel that softness on our bare feet while we're watching tv or drinking my morning coffee.

The playroom got the old sisal from the family room which we had tried in there when we first moved in.  I just layered the blue striped indoor/outdoor rug right on top so it's a bit softer for little ones on the floor and gives me a good neutral base to layer rugs as needed.

You can also see that I moved the Arhaus chairs from our master bedroom down here where Matthew and I both agree they need to stay.  They look amazing in here and solve pretty much all the problems we've had with layout in this room.  They're gorgeous and the first thing you see when you walk in here.  And they balance out the sofa and loveseat on the opposite side of the fireplace.  I absolutely believe in buying what you like and creating a cohesive flow between rooms so you can move things around and large pieces can work anywhere you want them too.


Source List
Moroccan Trellis Rug in Tan-Rugs USA
Chairs-Arhaus Outerbanks Chairs in Lindy Natural
Wood Side Table-Homegoods
White Lamp- Spray painted Thrift Store Find
Moroccan Pouf-Serena and Lily
Dipped Wicker Basket- Homegoods
Kyoto Pillow in Poppy-Serena and Lily
Square cocktail table with nailhead trim- Homegoods
Chenonceau Pillows on chairs-Spark Modern
White Linen Curtain Panels- Ikea
Square Wood Mirror-Homegoods
Whtie Lamps-Hoomegoods
Coffee Table-Pottery Barn from forever ago
White console Table-Target from forever ago, painted white
White Sofa + Loveseat- Rooms To Go Cindy Crawford Off-White Denim
Lumbar Pillow-Schumacher Garden of Persia-Dove
Linen Leopard Pillows-Arianna Belle
Art-me

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

27 comments:

  1. Love this rug - I'm so hesitant to buy wool because it usually sheds so badly. How much does this one shed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed with the wool rug in Wells' room that it only shed when I vacuumed and that was only for about a year or so. I'm assuming this will be the same way

      Delete
  2. Julia, Do you like the quality of the sisals from RUGUSA? They are crazy cheap with the sale and I was slightly skeptical. Thanks for any insight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! They're not soft underfoot like you might get with more expensive options but they've held up great and the vacuum runs right on them. Color is great too!

      Delete
  3. So light and cheerful. Love the little pops of color in the gorgeous art!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just loved following your instagram lately with all of these cute living room posts! It's so cozy! But dang girl, I can't imagine how you're able to keep everything so bright white! My white sofa stays a mess.

    www.XoLindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sofa is washable! I usually have the kids sit on a blanket which helps too. The chairs are 100% off limits to the kids and thankfully they listen. I don't let any food that can stain in here anymore which is also nice. But ultimately it's our home and we're allowed to live in it. The worst that can happen is a stain and then we just remove it.

      Delete
  5. It looks great, Julia! I know you have said your TV components are stored elsewhere. What type/brand of "remote" did y'all use? Ours does not work well at all and I cannot seem to find one that has really good reviews. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some sort of Samsung sensor that works awesome, you can actually see it sitting on top of the tv, the small round thing! As for the cable box and everything I just hung them with velcro behind the tv

      Delete
  6. I know I've said it before but seriously I am in love with all your artwork!! The arhaus chairs look great in the family room and the new rug is perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! It's so light and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new rug! It is so light and airy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a unifying difference the rug makes! I love the ethereal feeling of the room. And wow, what a sale price!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is so beautiful!! Do you mind sharing which IKEA curtains those are? Are they lined and did you use their pinch pleat clips to hang them with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the Ritva and are unlined but come with the pinch pleat tabs already ready to go!

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! Love browsing your blog and instagram for inspiration!!! 😊

      Delete
  11. Who is Designer White by? Or do you mean Decorator's white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherwin Williams. It's not listed on their website but they have it in the computer at the stores

      Delete
  12. I love, love, love your family room! The colors and decor are fabulous! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so pretty!! I love the new rug!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This room is so light and airy and fresh, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AnonymousJuly 20, 2015

    Love the rug and want to order one for our dining room! Our paint is greige (SW Repose Gray) and I want to make sure the tan rug doesn't skew too brownish-tan. Yours looks perfect in the picture, and the gray rug on the RugsUSA website looks almost too silver/cold gray. Your thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks exactly like it does in my pictures! So much so that I had to double check when I unrolled it that it was in fact the tan and not accidentally the grey! Overall I love that's it's a cool tan/cream and not brown undertones or silvery blue. It's the perfect neutral!

      Delete
  16. AnonymousJuly 20, 2015

    Beautiful!!! Looks amazing!!!!!! You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk