JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

House Updates with Benjamin Moore Classic Gray (because I just can't quit this color)

August 13, 2015

Man, I feel like I've been a traveling fool lately.  Quick trips to Pawleys Island, Nashville, and Birmingham.  All I did was eat the whole time I was gone!  I want to to a foodie recap post for you with a few of my favorite places I went to in those cities. I also plan on including the best places to eat here in Richmond.  Email me if you have any faves you want to add!

One thing I have managed to do is work on a few things around the house.  I actually painted the entire powder room blue (not pictured below). I used the leftover Sea Salt at 50% that we used in our master bedroom.  I only painted the upper half of the room, as the bottom half with wood paneling is already primed and painted in Sherwin Williams Decorators White.  Annoyingly, that color is no longer listed on their site but it's in their computer system if you want to buy it at the store.  You might have a harder time color matching at Lowes or Home Depot though.  I can't even believe it but I have no picture of it painted blue.  I think I must have accidentally taken the picture in the Instagram app so it didn't save.  That annoys me so much.  It wasn't until after I'd started painting over it that I realized my mistake.


What you see above is Benjamin Moore Classic Gray.  I just can't quit this color.  It is my favorite shade of warm grey.  A true neutral gray without blue or purple undertones.  The intensity of the color changes a lot depending on the light.  It looks much darker in this little powder room than it does in our light filled living room or front hall.  I also made another quick faux roman shade to match the ones I made in the laundry room. 


You can see where I also painted over the Edgecomb Gray in the kitchen.  It's hard to photograph this wall without it become washed out.  It does get lots of natural light but it's not quite this flooded in real life.  The contrast between the way the colors read is pretty accurate though.  It's much paler and lighter in the kitchen.  I didn't dislike the Edgecomb Gray and most everyone probably can't even tell the difference now that it's Classic Gray.  But it is just the slightest big lighter and airer feeling which I love.  And it didn't make sense to have one random different color that looked just the same as the downstairs.  I originally though the EG would be a big obvious contrast but it just wasn't.  The CG just works better now.

Do you have a paint color that you just can't quit?  Do you use the same color in multiple rooms in your home?  Would love to hear your favorites!

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

15 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to Ben Moore Light Pewter. I used it in my kitchen, family room, downstairs and upstairs hallways and 2-story entry. It looks nice and clean in almost any light. I think I'll have to check out the Classic Grey. My almost-10yo daughter wants grey for her room makeover, and it would be nice to change things up a bit. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you share the source for your roman shades?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love SW Aggreable Gray...I feel like Accessible Beige gets all the love but Aggreeable is my personal fave. It is seriously the most calming, soothing perfect warm gray. I used it on my kitchen cabinets in my old house and will definitely be using it again somewhere in my new house. I don't typically reuse colors but I'm not against it! I just tried out a couple colors yesterday, SW Quicksilver is a very cool pale blue gray. I can't decide if I like it or not. Choosing paint colors is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have just finished painting much of our house in BM Repose gray at 75%. I love it. My bedroom is SW Wondrous blue and we are about to use it at 50% in the adjoining bath. It is a light blue but really complex with a bit of lavender and gray that come out in different light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure I got Classic Gray from you! We used it in Ashlynn's room and I'd really like to redo our kitchen and family room with it. They are currently revere pewter (50% in kitchen) but it picks up too much yellow in the space. Of course a fresh ceiling might help that, but I'd still like to redo it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with Valspar Seashell Gray. It's all over my downstairs - minus the dining room, which is due for a paint job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you do a previous post about the faux roman shade? I can't recall, but I would love to see how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BM Gray Cashmere, go to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Decorator's White and Moonlight Gray! :) Fun Richmond places we loved to eat -- Mediteranio on half-price pizza night (Tuesday), Heritage, Southbound, and the hawker chicken at Wild Ginger. And Pho 1 Grill for pho soup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how bright and clean this color looks in your home. This is the first house we've lived in where all the walls are the same color and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Classic grey is our go to through out the house. Even used it in our garage during the spring one room challenge.....it just the perfect fresh yet sophisticated color. Trying to convince my parents to paint the interior of their lake cottage classic grey too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We painted our living room, staircase, and upstairs hall & bath in Martha Stewarts Sea Anemone. Tempted to use in the dining room next.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used BM Classic Grey in my bathroom - love it. I plan to use it in other rooms (as many as I can get a way with!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love SW Shoji White. Seriously have it in about 4 different rooms.

    Corbin
    Blue Door Living

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi. Has anyone tried Classic Gray at 50%? I put a sample on my walls and it looks darker than I thought. It may be just because the whole house is only primed white now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk