1. The dates for the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale are confirmed for August 22nd at 8am until August 23rd at midnight! If you are new to the sale this is one of two yearly clearance sales and the best time to stock up on favorites at great prices. The number one piece of advice I can give you is to create an account right now so that you can check-out quickly on Monday. Your items are not reserved for you in your cart so the faster you can get through check-out the better!
girls shift dresses are by far my favorite item. They wash and wear so well and are the perfect dress for little girls because they go from the playground to parties and always look nice. They run small in my opinion so size up for your girls! The Elsa tops and Tee Shirt Dresses like the Marlowe and Essie are my favorite picks for the ladies.
I've also heard rumors that they'll be adding new items to the sale on Tuesday morning as well which makes strategizing all the more important! Good luck, ladies!
2. I want to plant a fall vegetable garden this year with cabbage and lettuce and kale and spinach and potatoes. I've been looking online for what works best in our climate but it all seems a bit overwhelming to a newbie. I should have already started growing seeds inside I think to transfer later but I'm guessing I can buy started plants in the coming weeks like you could back in the Spring. I'd love to hear from you if you garden!
3. I found this insanely good recipe last week on pinterest that reminds me of something one of my besties in Pawleys Island makes. If you like BLT's and you like pasta you will be in hog heaven with this BLT Pasta Salad. You can find the recipe here.
4. I stumbled upon the art of Karen O'Neil over the weekend and FELL IN LOVE. I think it's hard to find art for the kitchen and she has nailed it! Her pieces are structural and the colors are gorgeous. If I won the lottery I would literally scoop up every one of her pieces.
5. I know we're in full back to school mode but who can pass up pretty swimsuits on sale? There is still a solid month left of hot weather around here and most of the South has an even longer season left so now is a great time to find some good deals on pretty swimsuits!