JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

coral desk and black built-ins

July 31, 2012

Sometimes I write my posts the morning they run and sometimes I write my posts at night and set them to run automatically the next morning.   I've been really bad about that lately and it always leaves me scrambling to write something clever while feeding Tagg a bot and slinging cheerios at Wells.  Today that's just not going to happen. The clever part anyway.  I've been a busy bee lately and my sweets are both upstairs in Wells' crib snuggling.  They think I'm down here getting some milk and cheerios to bring upstairs.  I'm sneaking in a blog post too. Shh.  Don't tell.

I know it seems like I only post pictures of Tagg in a stroller or asleep so I thought I'd share a little picture I snapped of my big man on Sunday.  He was actually sitting up and only fell backwards in time for me to snap the picture.  Oh well.  Such a big boy!  
 I know it seems like I only talk about the ORC when I discuss anything other than my children on here.  Well, you're in luck because tomorrow is the big reveal. I thought I'd show a few quick pics to prove to you that I've been one busy bee this week.  And it's only Tuesday morning.  You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see anything further. But yes, the built-ins are black and the desk is glossy coral.  I'm freaking out.  It's not helping that the rest of my downstairs is a disaster to make room for everything that lived on those shelves and in that desk.  Oooooh Man.

 Like really freaking out here friends.  Someone needs to talk me off the design ledge.  For real.
I'm really hoping once I get the shelves styled and the desk suffieciently cluttered it will feel a little less BAM!  Or maybe I'll grow to LOVE the BAM!!!

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

22 comments:

  1. I love the shelves! It is going to be great! Good luck with the reveal.. sweating here to pull ours together.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was frantically typing a post this am too. One I need to know where Tagg's shoes are from? Need them for sterls. Two the black shelves are amazingly sick and I love the coral desk. Can't wait for the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the coral with the black. Its just extra bam because its new. Once you get everything back in the room it'll cool down a bit. I love it!! Can't wait for tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore it! You have been one busy momma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For real? You have two kids and you have time to paint furniture and shelves? I barely have time to pee and I have one kid! Awesome job and I can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are the most presh ever!! Can't wait for the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the reveal...I am 100% confident it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok - is he adorbs or what? who has the tiniest patent loafers ever? i love them/him!!! and i wanna snuggle with them in the crib right about now.

    2 - i LOVE the shelves black and the desk coral. I still think, it's just me though, you can totally ignore, that you should paint the insides of the bookshelves coral. I know you're thinking it will be too much but while you're at it, you should just do it. Once they are filled up, you barely see all the coral - and it will be SMASHING and tie in with the desk. I love it all already. GREAT GREAT job.

    ok - back to the final push around here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure hotness!! Never commented before but those bookshelves and that desk hit me hard lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, GREAT color!! Love, love, love the desk and you find the best fabrics, where do you find them? And have you been to U-Fab?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVING this!!! The coral is such an awesome pop!
    ps, where did you get Tagg's super cool patent loafers? They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving the black shelves, glad Jen's office redo could be of some help to push you over the edge! :)

    xo,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this post!

    www.magshop.us

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm all about the BAM.. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVING the BAM! I'm so happy you painted the shelves black! They are going to be super stylish. And that coral desk is going to pop! When you add your accessory touch to the room, it's going to POP! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's just so different that it's hard to be comfortable with it. From here it looks fantastic, and once you get it styled and there are other elements with it, it will look more blended. Carry on with it - you'll be glad you did. PS. Adorable kiddos - love the crib shot!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, you are going to have the best reveal- I cant WAIT to see everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the desk and shelves!!! Can you give us a little "how to" info? Did you paint the desk using spray paint or with a brush? I would love some details so I can replicate!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so excited to see that you painted them black. I was rooting for black...see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love, love, LOVE the BAM! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it......as if we need more things to juggle!! Kids are adorable- those ages are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tagg is looking so much like his big sister! And you'll have to tell me where you got his little blue loafers, I'm kinda having a fit over those :) Glad you talked yourself off the ledge because everything turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk