JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Bedroom

September 19, 2013

 So Matt and I are starting to think about our master bedroom.  You remember this is what our bedroom looked like in our last house thanks to a six-week whirlwind makeover with the One Room Challenge.  I really loved the end result.  It was a perfect blend of outdoorsy masculine and chic glam.  Dark and cozy and perfect for sleeping.  Well, when we the babes let us sleep anyway.
 While I still love this look, most of the furniture found a home in other parts of our new house when we moved.  This is supposed to be our forever house so I need to really think through paint colors and style.  Something that is going to stand the test of time. 
We're still saving for a king size bed and mattress set so this makeover is still pretty far off.  But Matthew promised to start taking down the rest of the wallpaper this weekend so we're making slow but steady progress.  Here is what it looked like when we moved in.  It's not much different now except there are strips of wallpaper torn off several walls and a mattress laying on the floor next to several laundry baskets full of clothes.

 Such a blank slate right?  Pretty sad that I've found myself without a proper bedroom twice in one year!

 

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

18 comments:

  1. So hard that the master bedroom seems to be last on the list for so many...us included! We are using our "finished" attic as our MBR now that the two kids are in the two real bedrooms we have. I'm dying to do something to make the room more of a retreat, but I don't have the energy or money. And besides, why would I want to redo the room if we're just going to embark on a renovation (someday)? That's what I tell myself, anyway! Love that you have a blank slate and in a forever home, you can take your time to make it exactly what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love a blank slate. And a man who can remove wallpaper. :) It is a great space and I know you'll do something great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a husband willing to remove wallpaper is my definition of marrying well. Your room is a great size with so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure it is in an old post somewhere, but what color paint did you use in your old MB? The possibilities are endless in your new room which I am sure is exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. I am sure it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the floors! I'm sure it'll look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great potential. Enjoy the fun and don't rush anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the potential I see in this new bedroom! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Are you planning on putting the headboard against that little bump out between the windows?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the end result! I'm sure it is going to look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, i especially like the wallpaper boarders around the doors and windows. you don't get to see that every day! Well, unless you're you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That wallpaper looks fun to take down ;) I bet you're new room will be just as great as the last!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the paint color in your bedroom!! This time around it will be fabulous! I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our house is in the EXACT same state if not worse, i feel your pain sister - moving into an old home without an unlimited budget is tough stuff for someone who likes things perfectly done and decorated grrr

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great space though. Take your time, feel how you want to use your room and collect pieces as they mean something to you! Love your look whatever you do.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. First off a king bed will change your life- they are amazing!! We've been in our house for 7 months and our master bedroom is still a disaster. It's always last on the to-do list because it's the room no one sees so I totally feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just catching up on your blog! I loved how in the last house you really meshed masculine and feminine, with details like the duck art juxtaposed with jewelry on the dresser. Bridging the two is something I am constantly trying to figure out at Bryce's house (which is FULL of ducks!).

    Can't wait to see what you do with the new room...it has great bones- love the hardwood and windows!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk