JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Flocked Christmas Tree | Love It or Leave It

December 16, 2014

If you live in the southeast and read blogs or follow instagram you may be newly introduced to the magic of a the snowy white Christmas Tree.  What about the rest of y'all?  Is the snowy white tree something you grew up with or you've seen before?  I'm guessing it stems from the cold states where a real live Christmas tree is already covered in snow by early December so the faux trees follow suit.  It's so lovely and so sparkly.  You know I love an all white backdrop so this really plays into my neutral color scheme loving self.

I especially love the white tree trimmed with gold or cream or other natural elements.  It's so sparkly but somehow subtle.  I think I may need to get a hold of one of these for next year!


What's your verdict?  I for one, absolutely love it.  I'm not sure I could do it as our main tree.  But this would be an awesome addition to the playroom or the family room.  I just love it!

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

15 comments:

  1. I purchased flocked porch trees this year and there are some pros and cons. The flocked snow really adds a deep and warm feeling glow when the trees are lit. Very beautiful. But assembly is crazy messy. The flocked bits go everywhere and you are going to have it all over the floor and your clothes. If you don't touch it, the flocking won't fall off. But with an indoor tree and small kids touching ornaments you might have a lot of little tree dandruff to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them so much!!!! I want one eventually. I love the all white theme with an accent color. Would be great as a secondary tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what I'm thinking too. I don't think I could give up my traditional tree but this would be an awesome addition!

      Delete
  3. Major FYI, if the flocking is exposed to any moisture (ie: garage or basement storage) it will grow mold. I was talking to some moms last weekend about flocked trees and the one had to just throw out her 2 year old tree because her daughter was miserably allergic. I think they are beautiful, but for this reason won't get one...flocked floral picks are an alternative and they can be stored air tight so there isn't a risk of moisture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look - so pretty and adds more beauty to a decorated tree - still using fresh trees, but one day…

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm with you friend...i LOVE the look of a flocked tree! i think it could be a fun fat little tree for my girls to decorate next year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them and have always wanted to try the Martha Stewart tutorial. Gorgeous images Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about them!! I have been curious if it would be an easy DIY project. I may have to try it out next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had a flocked tree on my mind all season! A little obsessed now, we get a real tree every year and I'm thinking of get a faux flocked one 3 or 4 ft for our upstairs. I need to find one I can stalk for a end of year sale, to chicken to "flock it" myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really dig it. i need to have a real tree in the house but one day, if i have a larger home, id love to have one of these too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, you're bringing back fond memories of Grandma's house! I believe Grandma bought her flocked tree in the 80s or early 90s, and I always loved it. I've never seen one anywhere else, just at her house. I live in the south, but Grandma lived in Illinois, so maybe it IS a northern thing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they're pretty in the right setting, but overall I really don't like them! It's too "fake" looking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. we always had a flocked tree growing up. we would get them at our local nursery. they would flock them and wrap them in a bag and then when you got home you would unwrap this beautiful tree. we grew up outside of Atlanta but live in South Carolina now and I have yet to find a live flocked tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk