JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Decorating Around a TV in the Bedroom

May 4, 2015

First of all I just wanted to say Happy Monday!  And then, how the heck are we already in the full swing of May?  Time is flying by me. 

TV.  I'm a big freaking fan.  I'm also an avid reader so I feel confident the two cancel each other out.

Let's discuss.  I am all for making what you need work and we need a tv in our bedroom.  Case Closed.  But it's been so much harder than I imagined to make that TV feel like a purposeful part of the room on it's own.  Without decorating around it, it feels a bit random in an otherwise peaceful and pulled together space.  Yet I am trying with all my vignette-loving self to pull back in this room and let it breathe.  We don't need more chairs or another table in here.  We just don't. 

But now our tv is floating on air which feels incomplete as well.  I love the placement of all the other furniture in our room and I don't want to move anything or switch things up so this needs to be something completely new to the space.


And here are the only images I could come up with that feel like something I would recreate in here.


As you know the One Room Challenge reveal is on Wednesday morning which means this has to be completed today so I can photograph it tomorrow.  YIKES.  Wish me luck!

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

12 comments:

  1. Love the inspiration images! Can't wait to see the orc reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 04, 2015

    Thank you for this post! We have a tv in our bedroom and it not going anywhere. But it dies need some help, decor wise. So many blogs and mags just take the tv out, which is not realistic. Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dying to see what you do so you can give me inspiration for our house. Right now we just have a tv by itself and it looks incomplete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving that first photo with the table and two chairs and the TV above it. I know the room will look fabulous and can't wait to see the big reveal!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such great inspirational pictures. I think a wall mounted tv looks best when it's treated like a mirror, with a well styled console table beneath. I'm looking forward to your ORC reveal this week!!!
    Darlene
    www.BundleMeBaby.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is too big of a task for you to do by today/tomorrow but I love the idea anyway. The fist time I saw it my mind was BLOWN!! Look up Dixie Delights "Honey Does: DIY Flat Screen TV Cabinet" such a cute and functional idea!!! Good luck!! PS I am a new follower and LOVE your Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this today and thought of you! Expensive but would look awesome. Bet you can make or find something similar in time. http://www.wisteria.com/Stanton-TV-Cabinet/productinfo/T11368

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! Can't wait to see the reveal! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know lots of people are against the tv in the bedroom, but the husband and I love ours. It's so nice to cuddle together and just relax after a long day! We have ours on a dresser and I have an orchid plant and a photo from our wedding on each of the sides. It's nice not to have too much clutter! I love the inspiration you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have my grandmother's cedar Lane hope chest under our TV, and the chest is exactly the dimensions of our flat screen TV, if that tells you something about the size of the TV my husband picked for our bedroom…. 😉Still, it's a large room so it can handle that size if television, and I love the juxtaposition between something older and sentimental with something new and practical. Hope this helps, and I can't wait to see your final room reveal! I'm sure it will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great inspiration! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always difficult knowing what to do with your space to make it look the most effective. I am having similar issues at the moment, it's hard to make a wall mounted TV look natural, I think that the images that you've used for inspiration are fantastic, I love the drawers below it, this is something I am considering for my home!

    Jeanmarie @ RVM Australia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk