JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Pawleys Island House Tour {Exterior}

April 5, 2011

What a miserable day.
This weather better not be any prediction of the hurrican season we're gonna have here.
I thought it would be the perfect day to show some pictures of my house on a sunny day. 
Willing the pretty blue skies to come back to us.
Okay, so I'm risking putting myself out there to all the freaks and stalkers who might drive by and recognize my house and think they should stop by for a chat or worse.  
But I live in a private one street only culdesac so the chances of strangers finding my street much less my house are pretty non-existent.
No, I didn't photoshop out the house numbers; we just don't have any yet.  I tore off the old forest green pottery numbers when we painted and have yet to decide how to replace them.
I really want to do some white vinyl letters on the doorway or the stair treads.  What do you think?

{After}
I think you gain perspective only when studying a picture.
So here goes my to-do list:
I want to ditch the table in between the rocking chairs in favor of something smaller and more colorful.
Paint the rocking chairs a fun color, maybe green to match the cushions or pink.
Y'all know I love pink.
We need to move the urns back from under the joggling board and fill them with plants.
I also need to replace the dying flowers in the flower pots on the stairs with something colorful.
Here's a question for you, what's your opinion on shutters?
We took them down to paint and liked the bare look better.
Less is more.
More coastal and less country.
Or missing something?

And here'a picture of what it looked liked before.
{Before}

{After}


We painted the entire exterior including the porch, garage, stairs and tread, added two new columns to the porch, new hardware and painted the front door, removed the shutters and screens from the windows, built a new fence surround for air compressor, built a new fence and entrance to the backyard, redirected the back stairs from the side to the back, trimmed the tree limbs in the front and landscaped the crap out of everything.
Paint colors
the house color is Gray Star by Glidden in flat
the trim is sherwin-williams Decorator White in eggshell 
the front door is Behr premixed black in ultra gloss


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

16 comments:

  1. Your house is beautiful! You did a great job re-doing the house! I personally like shutters and think they add to the house! Cant wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a change!! I think it looks great. I am jealous of your joggling board!! This weather is the pits!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me likey. looks so clean and crisp. oh, and even though we don't really know eachother, can i please come over and have a glass of wine with you on that porch. tonight? =) I like the clean lines of no shutters. i like numbers on the stair treads. oh, and PINK for the rockers. I mean, hello, do you know me at all? oh wait, you don't. lol. Go for the pink. xoxo Shelli from alamode

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a before and after! Clean, fresh ,beautiful ! Not to mention how much bigger the whole house looks. Great job , I' m not a bit surprised:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It hardly looks like the same home! I love shutters, but those that actually are functional. And I want a joggling board...been dying for one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Less is more, I agree but I do think the shutters would add the perfect touch. Such a beatufiul home, love the black front door. You also have a gorgeous yard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. opps.. I meant beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely...always enjoy the tours of your nest :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow...to say it looks a million times better now is an understatement. You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house is BEAUTIFUL! I love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE!! It looks so fresh and crisp. I like the clean look with no shutters. I'm hoping I can get rid of the shutters on my house.

    Did you paint the house yourself or hired painters?

    Love the colors you chose.. I've been inspired to copy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful home! I want to go on a vacation there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lowcountry beauty! And I love the color, fresh and clean! Didn't even notice the missing shutters until you said something...I think it looks "cleaner" without them, like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! Crisp, clean, and perfect. I love shutters and in my favorites folder is a home by Stan Dixon. the shutters are white, simple and beautiful. They would go along with the less is more while adding visual interest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk