JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

caprese pasta and kilim runners

May 29, 2012

So I made a few little changes to my living room.  Bumped the chairs up more into the room and placed a desk against the stairwell wall where the chairs used to be.
I also tossed two new ethnic kilim looking runners I scored at TJMaxx last week over the chairs.
I'm in love.  
More pictures to come.

  So I also made the yummmiest and easiest dinner last night.
Basically I cut a box of cherry tomatoes into a bowl and added diced fresh basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar glaze.  I let it sit all afternoon on the counter just marinating in goodness.
Serve over angel hair pasta for a really light and tasty summer dinner.
I'll admit, it would have been even better with fresh grated parmesan or some warm mozzarella cheese on top.  Or a nice thick slice of crusty baguette.  But, I just had a baby and it's swimsuit season.  So I'm shaving off calories where I can.
 

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

19 comments:

  1. I just blogged about that same rug last week, loved it! And your pasta looks divine. I must make that soon, but you my friend have no weight you need to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish!! I'll be making this. You are a design genius FYI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chair looks gorg! And that looks like a yummy dinner. I've put on 3 lbs over the last week or so and need to drop it like it's hot. I was in my swimwear this weekend and not feeling all that great about it... Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just discovered your blog-thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house is beautiful. Period. That recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to try this recipe! It looks delish and oh-so summery.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sara
    www.SocialSara.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the glimpse into your living room! And, that pasta looks amazing, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the runners!! Such a great find… and that caprese pasta, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have such a great eye for style. i love the tabletop next to your stair case. looks like something out of a magazine.

    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well hello gorgeousness!!! Love the addition of the runner, and totally into your table display! Pasta looks great too, and I'm not a big tomato girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those runners on the chairs are FAB! Totally rocked that, great find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the runner on the chair! I'll have to try that recipe I love light pasta recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at you and your awesome rug, smarty pants...I want to steal this idea. And that pasta looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the runner and thanks for the yummy dinner idea!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the mix of pattern! I just changed up my decor too... can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photography is magazine-worthy! LOVE the first shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk