JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Mothering & a haircut

July 7, 2012

 Let me start by saying that I am horrible at taking phone pics of myself.  
Natalie, can you send me some directions please!
Anyway, here's the big hair-cut reveal.  Nothing too drastic.  I had to cut a lot of length in order to clean up my horrible post pregnancy split ends.  Does anyone else shed like crazy after a baby?  I'm surprised I even have any hair left these days.
I went with a middle part for the first time ever at the direction of my amazing stylist/friend Marie.  Apparently severe parts are the on the way out.  You heard it here first.

I'm excited that it's still long enough to rock my favorite top-knot.  Also, notice the sandals?
They're my new absolute favorites and I'll share more on those later this week.
And here is evidence that I am either the coolest or the worst toddler mom ever.
Wells went with me to Lowes and immediately spied the sinks and wanted to play "water hands".
Code for anything involving water and her body.
The babies wanted to play too.

What's everyone else up to this weekend?

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

21 comments:

  1. The hair looks great! As do the sandals.
    xo
    Tiffany
    tiffanyleighinteriordesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, Wells! She is too cute! You are an A+ mama for that one Julia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the new do looks great!!! and you look super fab in that pic with the top knot- seriously need to know your secret after having 2 kiddos!! happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost a TON of hair after having my son almost four years ago...I thought something was wrong with me! Nobody ever tells you that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hair looks really great but I'm really loving your glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new hair cut, and I'm so jealous of your natural waves! I'm totally screwed if the side part goes out of style :( But I probably need the push into something new so maybe it's not a bad thing after all. Oh, and you're a cool mom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hair looks great. My hair is EVERYWHERE after baby #2. and yes, you are a perfect mother- I think we all do crazy things like that to appease our children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hair friend. And I am no expert on the pictures. Always feel like mine look stupid. Obsessed with your top knot and necklace which by the way I just ordered another one thanks to you! Wells at Lowes = priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still losing an extreme amount of hair post-Avery, and he's 19 months. Love the new do! :) You are so beautiful... and that top knot looks awesome on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the new hair!! And might I add you look amazing.. I would kill for those legs!! Yes my hair gets so thin after my babes, which is why I have to rock my hair extensions!! :) They're a God send!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful!!!
    -linda,ny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um hello hot momma. You look freaking fabulous. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I'm noticing is how skinny you are and that your thighs don't touch!!!!!!! but yes, once I recovered from my envy, I noticed how great your hair looks too! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair looks hot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is too funny! Love your necklace- and that you put your little girl in Lilly!

    Cheers, Elizabeth of The Corner Apartment

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are too cute! Love the top knot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your haircut looks great! Love your natural waves in your hair. Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How adorbs is Wells?! Those cheeks!! You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously, you are one hot & cool momma all in one! I've been rocking the middle part for a little while now, and one of my girl friends said, "you are one of the only people that can pull off a butt cut" ...thanks? Anywho, can't wait to prove her wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are such a fun, beautiful mom! Love the hair! And I have been wearing my ebay necklaces like crazy this summer! What a steal of a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good thing you got a haircut to get rid of those split ends. After all, the damage would've gotten worse over time. Anyway, you look stunning on your new do. It really isn't too drastic a change, but it does give off a different vibe from the previous one. Thanks for sharing that, Julia! Stay gorgeous!

    Tommy Clark @ Her Hair Company Inc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk