JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Shrimp and Grits

September 5, 2012

Yesterday was just one of those days.  Godbless.  It's over.  And everyone slept in this morning which was a magical treat after a not so great night.  Tagg is popping his two front teeth and in a growth spurt and Wells thinks I'm her personal assistant lately and calls for me any time she can't find her lambies.  All night long. 
So anyway, I'm going to lure you in this morning with talk about one of my favorite meals;  
Shrimp & Grits.  It's my most favorite comfort food and if it's not already on the top of your list I'm sure it will be soon after you make it this way.
But that's where the tease part comes in.  You see I have to give Matthew full credit for this dish as well.  I was just the photog and taste tester.  And he's in a meeting right now so you'll have to wait until this afternoon to get the details on this yummy dish.  But do stop back, it's worth it.  I promise!
Do y'all like shrimp & grits or is this just a lowcountry thing?


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

15 comments:

  1. OMG- my most favorite dish ever. We love it here in the mountains too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh this looks super good! i love shrimp and grits!! a place up near me makes the most wonderful, creamy little grit cake to go along with the rest but the best ive ever had to date was at NOLA in new orleans. whew! would love the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this! I make a very simple version at home but my favorite is from poogans porch in charleston! When i lived there i swear i ate there too often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Low country thing!! You know how I feel about grits :) I'm
    All for the shrimp though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like southern comfort foods. I need this recipe now : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of my favorites too! Yum!! this looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMM!! My favorite dish ever. How couldn't like shrimp and grits?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearly I'm missing out, I've never had it, we don't do grits in Denver! :) I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my very favorite dishes...can you share the recipe?
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an amazing comfort food - perfect when things aren't going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you believe I have never had grits! This looks really yummy. My hubby is from the south and would love this. I ought to surprise him by making this. Sounds like a good comfort food dish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really looks amazing!!! I will make this first thing coming back from my Amsterdam trip this weekend!!

    love K

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never had shrimp and grits, but I bet I'd absolutely love it. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk