JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

living room updates

October 24, 2012

Y'all are all so sweet.  Your well wishes the past few days are really appreciated.  We are all thankfully on the mend.  Now we just need to get Tagg back on track with his sleeping.  That hospital stay totally threw him off and his stomach shrunk so he can't hold as much as he did before and needs to eat much more frequently.  Of course that really stinks when he wakes up throughout the night really hungry.  Boo.
But before that nasty bug hit our house I made a few slight updates in the living room that I wanted to share.  I've taken your advice and changed up the styling on the shelving some.  It's still not really where I want it and I know painting the backs is inevitable.  It just seems like a chore I'm not ready for yet.  My black ikat pillows got moved down here to go with the new leopard pillows from arianna's shop.  Most of y'all agreed here that the more neutral pillow was the better option for the space and I agreed.  I also found that awesome faux fur pillow and throw and the gold sequins pillow at homegoods.  A sweet girl I went to high school with emailed me a picture from one of our local homegoods (yes, we're lucky ducks here with multiples of all the good stores) with a full on aisle of faux fur.  I seriously didn't make Wells take a nap that afternoon just so I could rush over and snag one up!
Of course I've already made some changes since this picture:
I removed my art from the mantel last night after reading Sherry's post here.  So I'm officially on the search for something different for fall and winter.  I need a big gaudy gold frame with an antique oil portrait.  Wouldn't that be badass?  Or a nice architectural mirror.  Keep Dreaming.
The pink pouf is already living up in Wells' room.  I'm still working on layout.  What's best for the room and what's best for my family are at odds.  Do y'all have that problem too?  I like giving my kids lots of floor space to play but that means the furniture arrangements aren't ideal for the space.  And then there is working around the tv.  We all do that too.  But you'll notice some major changes on that wall too.  I switched the table and added the starburst mirror.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

20 comments:

  1. Shelves are the bane of my existence...I can never get them just right. Your room is looking gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This room looks awesome. You did a great job. I have some faux fur pillows tucked away in a closet, but now I'm feeling the urge to pull them out. Glad you're all on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you post photos of your home!! So beautiful!!! I love the bookcases, and all of the details in them. Also love that pinkish couch/chair on the right (can't make out the whole thing) and the fur throw. Beautiful work!!!

    Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is so pretty, Julia. I lurve it. All of it. And that pink pouf. I've been looking for fur throws for a loooong time. maybe i'll run to ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks amazing! I'm in the middle of redoing my living room and yours is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Such a gorgeous space! I love everything! The colors, the styling, the art (love)! so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning! I love your home- such an inspiration!

    http://incrediblelifeofawife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love everything about your living room! I love all the different prints, colors, and fabrics you incorporated together!

    Xoxo
    Makenzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks so very posh :) LOVE the curved sofa! been dying to find a vintage, curvy gem of my own that I can reupholster in a fabulous velvet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the leopard!! I think the room is looking gorgeous. Please share your shelf styling tips...they look great! xo
    Glad to hear you are all on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You room looks great! Love all of the extra attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear everyone's getting better. You have such a great space. I would die for all that built in shelving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks so great! I love all of the touches of gold and black.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks great girl, you have such good taste. I love your new leopard pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the furniture placement with little ones! My TV room looks off because I did not add a chair where it looks like one should be. It would block her toy shelf. I am just glad that we keep the toys to a level where they can all be stashed out of sight if needed. I actually love the variety of pieces you have.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the ikat/leopard/sequin pillow combo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, my ideal furniture arrangement is not at all what I'm living with. Gotta make room for all the toys and play space! Your room looks fab, and I love all the new pillows together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks great! I love the big impact simple changes made.
    Hooper

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful. I love your collection of silver frames. I am working on a collection of my own right now, its fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You rocked those shelves girl.....perfection! Your room is so fun and interesting...I had to stare at the pictures and take it all in.....love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk