JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Painted Rug {Progress Part 2}

October 4, 2012

So I'm going to need an extension here my dears.
My rug is, in fact, not complete.
This is the problem with starting a new project the night before it's due.
You run out of time or supplies. 
Or in my case, both.
Whooops.
Maybe I can just lose a letter grade and still swing a B because this baby is going to be an A+ when it's done.

Let's just look at my inspiration one more time for good measure.

But fear not, we are so totally on the right track here loves and I promise this fabulosity will be well worth the wait.  In fact as you're reading this, I'm counting down the minutes until Hobby Lobby opens back up and my babes get put in their cribs for naptime so I can finish this project up.

Before we get onto my progress shots, how adorable is my budding designer?  She got these from her room and placed them on the rug herself while I was getting dressed.  She clearly thought our new runner needed some pizazz as well.

Basically, I've taped up my rug remnant and begun the process of dyeing it with Rit Dye.  I was off to a freakishly slow start using a paint brush but soon replaced it with a sponge brush.  Much better.  Much more ink was seeping into my runner.  But alas, less ink was being left in my bucket.
I think I'm going to buy two more bottles of dye although one should really do it.  Just in case.

Can't you just tell isn't going to be insane?
It's dyed so it actually looks amazing in person, very professional if you ask me.  And it hasn't changed the texture at all which was very important for me.  This is a barefoot zone and I didn't want to feel like we were walking on a painting.
 Two more things I learned this week, besides procrastination is not always beneficial to meeting deadlines.  
1.  Check your bottle, when it says navy, it means it's navy.  Not black.  Right.
2.  When the directions say to dilute with 1 cup of vinegar, they don't mean two.  Riiiiiight.

Please be sure to check out the other ladies to see if they were able to finish up on time!



Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

32 comments:

  1. It's going to look great when it's done, Julia! You can do it, you can do it, you can do it!
    I like the little pop of pink from your wee decorator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!!! Can't wait to see it finished up!!! How did the tape work? Leave a clean line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea! xx.
    Megan

    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your procrastination is def gonna pay off! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. I love that you used dye. I might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool project!! I can't wait to see your finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is going to look amazing! If I had participated you know mine would not be done either. Im impressed you attempted it! Bravo oh and love Wells additions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to be insane for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how long this runner is and how it is going to look! Good luck with the finale!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy moly, that's like two rugs! I cant totally picture it, good luck with little helper, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's going to look awesome! Will the dye rub off though?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can not wait to see the finished product!! I love your inspiration.

    Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dang that's a long hallway. This will be an A+. I would work outside or in the garage. You will hate me forever if your hardwood floors get dye on them. I also love the pink addition your daughter suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's going to be ah maze! I can tell already. And I think you should get an extra week cuz that is one long rug girlfriend! :) Can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking GOOD Julia. Go girl. BTW, our Target didn't have the dress. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am the queen of procrastination too! Good that you did not rush to finish this, the results are going to be amazing and the dye was a great choice. What a bold, graphic and soft choice!
    Cathy @ Room Rx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's gonna look gorgeous. Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks great so far!!! Can't wait to see the final product!!!

    xo, Emily
    bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks great so far!!! Can't wait to see the final product!!!

    xo, Emily
    bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. keep at it and like you said, your loving the way it looks, so forge on! Again, you all still deserve the recognition for being brave enough to try this! Good luck and cant wait to see it all done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't wait to see the finished product! I know it'll be fab. Hang in there sista

    ReplyDelete
  25. I know it is going to look fantastic! Can't wait to see it. Your daughter has a great eye already....following in your footsteps! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can't wait to see the finished product. I love seeing everyone's rug reveals and finding new blogs to follow - Brandy@ChateauÀGogo

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's going to be awwww-some!!! Good call on the dye. I know my bare tootsies would appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well I can totally relate...cause I did not finish my ORC in the end either :) But it is going to be great when you do finish!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's going to look great when it's done. I can't wait to hear more about using the dye because paint was pretty difficult. Good luck finishing up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk