JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Pottery Barn Essentials & Target Sheets

January 14, 2013

In my post back in December I chatted about my love for white bedding and my quest to find some for my bed.  I want high quality soft and crisp but not high prices.  Let's face it.  I have a one year old and an almost 2.5 year old.  And full disclosure, I don't wash my face every night so sometimes make-up gets smooshed into my pillow cases and the edges of my duvet cover.  Terrible I know.  And not the makings for a Montauk or Leontine splurge.

So I went with the Pottery Barn Essentials Collection in white and I couldn't be happier.  The price point it right and I won't cry if the white duvet starts to look dingy in a few years and needs replacing.  And it's all white which I love.  The duvet has a little pin-tuck down the seams which adds just enough tailoring to look high end.  I plan to get the Euro Shams embroidered with a big fatty block monogram once I decide on a color scheme because those get only superficial use and should last for years and years.
 They also sell the down inserts at a really low price point.  Only $26 for the 26" square Euro.
 Best part, the whole Essentials Collection is on sale right now.

I also got a set of white on white Fieldcrest Embroidery Sheet Set and a set of extra pillow cases.
So far so good.  They are extremely soft and wash and dry really well.  I don't think we're particularly dirty but we're hard on sheets.  So price point was important again here.  I want something that can last for years but be replaced every year or so if it's looking dingy without feeling tremendously wasteful.
My last addition to my bed was the Fieldcrest Luxury Matelasse Coverlet in white.  It's got the best herringbone pattern which I love because it's more tailored and masculine than most of the floral-based matelasse bedding we looked at.  It comes with two shams as well which I love.  I plan to get those monogrammed as well.  My only complaint is that the coverlet itself is super thin and doesn't add much weight.  This is good for me because I pile a big down duvet on top and don't like to get hot.  It keeps a nice layer of obstruction between my sheets, which feel intimate and the world.  But for those of you that only like a coverlet, this won't add much more than your sheet does.  Heads up on that.

Have you ever tried bedding from Pottery Barn or Target? What was your experience with them?

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I have been searching high and low for good white bedding but have never purchased a thing. Going to get the Target ones today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the Shabby Chic all white comforter bedding and LOVE it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly I am Alan of buying sheet sets at Homegoods. hey are so inexpensive and I can afford much nicer sets than I would if I shopped normal retail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need new bedding and always choose white. Love it all, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love PB comforters and shams, but their sheet sets are not soft. I like the hotel collection for sheets- available at BB&B!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just laughed out loud. Um, I have giant black stains on my Garnet Hill pillow cases because of the face washing thing. One day I'll learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm such a sucker for an all white bed! I've used the Shabby Chic from target line and liked it. I have since moved on up to Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic Couture bedding and am in love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We bought some striped sheets for my son from Target and they have been great! If you think your makeup is hard on sheets, you haven't seen what a teenage boy can do to them! Think body oils...bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You read my mind, I needed this post today.. our sheets are looking so dingy and worn and desperately need a new set! I hate folding sheets so instead I just wash and put right back on! Are they cotton/poly so they don't wrinkle and are really soft? Also love that coverlet, I have the shower curtain that must be the same thing, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the PB monogrammed sheets and I love them. They do wrinkle alot but they feel so crisp and new even after a year. The Target ones are soft and good for an inexpensive sheet. I do love the sateen ones from Costco more!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the Garnett Hill Orleans Quilt and Euro Shams..they're a gorgeous matelasse with scalloped edges! I love the all white look too...I mixed it up a bit with colorful standard shams and a cover on the end of the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have bedding from both and love them. They both hold up really well. Love all the white!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the same fieldcrest and LOVE them!! I bought a little higher threat count and "long thread?" something from Fieldcrest. They were more expensive than the ones you posted. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anxious to see the finished look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been looking for some crisp white bedding... I am loving the PB essentials too! I have bought target sheets for years and they are amazing.. they will last more than 2 years! Great selections!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the same Fieldcrest sheets and love them. I have had since last summer and they are great and have held up really nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well! I also love crisp white bedding. They do wrinkle a lot but they feel so crisp and new even after a year. The Target ones are soft and good for an inexpensive sheet. I think if you want to get comfortable and enjoy your sleep then you must select the best quality Bedding. I love White bedding. At the end of my post, i would like to say Thanks for sharing such a awesome post.
    Beauty Salon Towels

    ReplyDelete
  18. If someone wants to know something about Ms. silk pajamas or bedding can visit: https://www.facebook.com/vansilk.official. I believe we all know that some of the uses of silk. Enjoy life, there should be your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Honeymoon 3PC Bedding Sheet Set from Bizarkdeal

    I loveee these sheets!! They are actually the best sheets I have ever owned. I have used them since they got here. They are very soft and breathable which is excellent because of the summer weather, you don't need your sheets making you any hotter. The design on the pillowcases is simple but elegant. I'm so glad that I purchased these sheets. I am definitely going to have to buy another set to add to my collection. They are well worth it, to have comfortable, breathable, microfiber sheets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk