February 5, 2013

Currently Obsessed: Neutrals for the home

 Happy Tuesday my love bugs.  I hope everyone is enjoying their coffee and bachelor recaps this morning.  Confession:  I'm not watching.  I can only do one crazy love show every few years and this just isn't my season.  What about you, are you watching crazy?

I know I'm going to be moving soon although I still have no clue where.  Yes, update on that will come later this week.  Let's just say that the deal isn't quite dead on the house we want but it isn't any closer to being ours either.

So I have a bad feeling we're going to end up in a rental for a year which means I have time to store up on some basics that can move with us when we do end up somewhere more permanent. 

Let's start with how much I love this upholstered club chair and it's price.  I'm going to need two.  I've been loving on it for months online and am thisclose to ordering a set.  But I'm seriously nervous about the light upholstery.  It's the only thing holding me back.  2.5 year old + 13 month old do not equal another light chair.  But it would look so chic sitting on this gorgeous updated chevron rug from Serena and Lily.  Sitting pretty on top would be this amazing bold monogrammed pillow from Sue's Shop.  I'd get one with my monogram and one for Matthew.  His and hers chairs by the fire.  And then I'll need this cozy herringbone throw to snuggle with at night.  And what better place to store all those pillows and throws in when Matthew sits on the chairs and immediately dumps them on the floor?  Pretty rolling storage. Yes please.  This rustic looking crate could also double duty for toy storage.  Let's add in a fab ikat bowl and wishbone paper weight just because they're pretty.  And I like pretty.


one | two | three | four | five | six | seven

20 comments:

  1. That club chair is amazing when I clicked it was from Target I was shocked!! Love it but light upholstery scares the crap out of me with small kids!! Sorry about all the house drama, that sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked into the Target chair...the comments say the fabric is much darker than in the photo - more taupe or mushroom. So maybe the light fabric isn't such an issue? I love all those neutrals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scotchguard baby! You can keep anything clean by treating it. Last year a kid wiped greasy buffalo wing sauce on a light colored cushion that I had treated and it came out.
    Good luck with the house stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl get them!! I have scotch-guarded mine and I have no regrets!! That pillow is to die for get it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scotchguard!! Your new BFF. Pull the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all Julia! Looking forward to hearing house update too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel for you Julia, having to move again. But your good taste will make any place look good. Im dying over those chairs and all your choices. Have a good day today, and kiss those babies for me.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knock me over...Target for that chair. I am all over that one. I need to check the measurements. P.S. I'm really into to the "no color" color palette, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen that same chair at Homegoods and TJmaxx on multiple occasions and usually for 299. It is also on overstock for 100 less...plus free shipping!!! Maybe that will help you make up your mind!!!
    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Colin-Club-Chair/4757235/product.html

    Also...I could not find it online (but could still be available in store?) If you want a look for less on the S&L blanket...check World Market. They had one that was pretty much identical!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have those chairs!! They are perfection. My favorite living room pieces. Scotchguard 'em up and it's no problem! I got mine on One Kings Lane before they were available at Target for $209/ea. Try Overstock and I've seen them on OKL again. I'm sure you can get them for an even better bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i was just thinking abou tyou yesterday - wondering if you had any news on your move. im sorry your life is in upheaval right now. im here for you if you ever need a shoulder. and ps - i love all neutrals. i wish (andhope one day i will)have the discipline to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it all. I must say, I have a white sofa with 2 dogs... do NOT recommend! It's such a pain in the arse. Thank goodness for the fact that it's slipcovered, otherwise it would be in the dumpster. I do love the chairs, though. Maybe just throw that herringbone throw over it when you're not having company...?

    www.XoLindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can never go wrong with neutrals. Could you get the chairs treated so that it repels stains? Call me crazy but I've heard of it being don!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have light furniture and did get it pre-treated. My son threw up on it a few weeks ago and they came out and cleaned it and it looks perfect. I would get the chairs! They seem like they are a good value.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your missing out there's a lot of good crazy to be had on the bachelor! ;) Love the monogram pillow.

    xo Carlina
    AllergicToVanilla.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the West Elm bowl! Every time I go in there, I find some small gem like a bowl or glass, or you know, a sectional sofa :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a total color lover, but lately I've been obsessed with neutrals. Don't you just wish you could have a bunch of different homes that you could float around each in a different style you love? Ah with no mortgages of course. :) Love your picks!

    Camila
    http://blog.effortless-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the way you think...his and her chairs- perfect! I think you could definitely do it with the kiddos, especially if you made the chairs "Mommy's and Daddy's" (aka off limits!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!