JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

New House-Downstairs BEFORE

June 17, 2013

I won't even begin to explain how busy the past several months have been for my family.  House hunting, packing, moving, staying at my parents house and then Pawleys Island with the kids while Matthew stayed behind to work on this PROJECT of a house.  Throw in the daily challenges of an almost three year old who doesn't nap and a 17 month old who hasn't slept soundly through the night in months and you've got one tired woman.  Yes, I'm exhausted.  Caffeine is my lifeline.  Even with nothing else going on in my life I'm always tired.  So add in unpacking and helping my children to feel settled in their new home, which just happens to be the fourth house they've "lived in" in three months, and I've had a lot on my plate.  So please excuse the lack of personal posts and house updates here.  Even the barely edited, unfinished, un-staged, before shot rooms take some effort to photograph and pull from my desktop file and upload for you.  I promise I'm not making trying to hold out on you.  I'm just trying to put my family first right now.  And remember that I've only been in the house a little over a week, so while we closed two months ago, this new house hasn't been top priority for my life or my blog.  I know you all understand and this silly disclaimer is totally unnecessary to many of you sweet friends who have your own fill in the blank going on your life right now too.

But because you all have been so patient I will gift you with the BEFORE shots of my downstairs.  It's a beaut.  But you can see past the non-sense and find her amazing space and really good bones.  If you follow on Instagram you can see that a lot of rooms have been updated already but I'll save those for another day.  I wanted to show you each room individually with some ideas for what I want to do with the space.  But let's be real, I'm not really sure yet.  I'm trying to just live here for a while without a big to-do list piled up.  Well, any higher than the original list which involves painting every single surface including ceilings. 
 ______________________________________________________
We'll start with the entry hall.  I'm obsessed.  Double closets and a big turned staircase.  Amen.  Just off the entry hall to the right is the dining room.  The kitchen is just past the dining room in the front of the house at the far right end.

 If you go straight back off the front hall you'll find the family room.  Just to the right off that is a tiny hallway with a half bath and the entrance to the laundry room.  You can also access the kitchen from that little hallway.

 Back to opposite end of the house, just to left off the front hall is our living room and off that the Sunroom. 
 So you can see the insane amount potential in this house.  We're so in love!

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

46 comments:

  1. Girl your new house is sick, like such amazing bones and huge! I think your downstairs is the size of my whole house. Love how spacious all the rooms feel including the kitchen and that sunroom- Major!!Can't wait to see your progress! Caffeine and Wine thats how I get it done (obviously when not preggo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much potential! Great bones :) I love it! xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that staircase and the painted brick in the kitchen. You are going to have this place looking "posh" in no time. : ) I'm sorry you feel you have to put the disclaimer at the beginning. Your blog is wonderful, you seem genuine, and everyone else can remember: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome house! It will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new place!! It has so much potential.. I can not wait to see what you do with it. I remember reading your before and after post of your place on Pawley's Island.. which was too fabulous!! I can't wait to see this.

    Xo-L

    www.simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! You are going to make it a stunner. No pressure of course ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dying over this girl! What a diamond you've found. You are going to have the best time doing this house so you just take all the time you need. Real life all the way. Besides, the process is the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO AMAZING. I agree with Elizabeth..a total diamond! I am in love with the scale of that foyer, you are going to knock it out of the park on this one. The sneak peeks on instagram have me drooling.
    Totally understand the craziness of your life, I hope you get some sleep soon love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's such a great house!!! Moving is the most exhausting thing ever. I don't know how you're surviving right now! We've been in our house about 9 months and I'm just now starting to figure out what I want to do. It's so good to live in it awhile, but "blog-world" pressure sometimes makes us feel like we have to have it done all at once with a big professionally photographed reveal, right? I'm excited to see what you do in normal person time :) It will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a FABULOUS house! I can't wait to see what you have done with it. I love it. Very very good bones indeed. I hope you are able to get some rest this week....I know how the craziness can be all-consuming and draining.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This house has so much potential. I cannot wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! What a house you found!! I know it was so stressful to have to move, but what a gem you have. The space looks amazing and the updates on Instagram make it look stunning! Can't wait to see the upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful home! Such great bones and layout - I can't wait to see what you do with the your home, but I totally agree that you have to live in a space for awhile before you can even start to decorate, let alone renovate/paint. Get some rest and enjoy your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new house looks amazing. Having no children of my own, I cannot imagine how stressful it must be to move and keep up with daily life, let alone blog about it all! Be gentle with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing space! I am loving those built-ins, I'm sure you will make it something even more amazing. Try to rest (as much as possible), you're doing just great ;-) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohmygosh -- what a great house!!! you are going to make it a show piece!!! I hope everyone in your house gets a good nap soon!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Equally smitten. This is going to be phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy cow, Julia!!! No wonder your crazy about it, it has soooo much potential! And, all that space is insane!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous home!!! I can't wait to see your progress! Hope you get a nap soon, until then keep on with the caffeine and wine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you have been busy! Your home is beautiful... I can't wait to see what you do with those pretty spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girl I am dying over here!!! This house is fabulous, I mean the bones of this sucker are insane!!! Now go take a nap haha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful, Julia! You're right, it has fantastic bones and tons of potential. Can't wait to see what changes you have in store! xoxo, Hannah

    www.sweetsandcelebrations.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like it has great bones. It's going to be beautiful. Congrats on that and so much else:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Holy Moly. I see loads of possibilities! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So awesome! It's going to be a stunner when you're through with it!! What a fun (and tiring) project!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow! so many possibilities! it is going to look even more amazing when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Im just imagining how amazing it is going to look after your touch! That entry=love. Bookcases=love.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the entry way, the built ins, and all of the little details! Can't WAIT to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You've been a busy lady!! I saw the comment on the last post, which, i'm guessing, is why you wrote the first couple of paragraphs. Pretty sure if my life were as hectic as yours seems, there wouldn't be a post on my blog at all. So hats off to you for even keeping up with your blog! And this house is going to be AMAZING! I can see crazy potential there!! Cannot wait to see what you do. :) XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a great house! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. it's going to look amazing - so much potential - the rooms all look huge!

    http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. This place is HUGE! There is so much potential here I am drooling. I can smell the cans of primer and paint. Take your time, and love your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Helllllo potential fabulousness!! I cannot wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Not only does your home have a ton of potential but it's huge! It looks like you have a fabulous layout as well as great bones - hardwood floors etc! Congratulations! I know you will make it beautiful!
    Cheers! - Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  35. Julia!!! What a fabulous house! I love the bones of it and can't wait to see it once you get a chance to work your fabulousness all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh my gosh woman! this place is awesome! love the potential...you've got an open canvas and I just love the space. it's got great bones and wonderful space. you're going to have so much fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. So pretty! I love the transformation you made with the den. We have paneling. Carl does not want it painted because it's "real wood." I cannot wait to show him how good yours looks painted!! Enjoy your new house.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a great house! Can't wait to see you put your modern touch on it! Loving the brick in the kitchen too and all the wood! Love an older home. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This house is huge with great bones, love the sunroom the most! good luck and take it easy ok?!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is going to be SO fun to follow along with- the house has endless potential- just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Get out. What a gem to work with. I just know you will put your fab fingers to work and make magic happen all over this wonderful home!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I don't know how I missed this post?!?! The house is a mansion. I love every room & can only imagine the personal touches you will make. If that staircase doesn't scream Christmas morning photo op , I don't know what does;) your home is so gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm excited to see what your guys do to the place. So much work but, look at those bones! With the kids I see why your in love!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am loving these house posts!! Please show the after photos. This house looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  45. A M A Z I N G. Love that you took up carpets and found fantastic floors! Karma's in your favor!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk