JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Saturday Shopping

February 22, 2014

Now that I admittedly live in yoga pants for the better part of the work week, I'm trying to make more of an effort to step it up on the weekends.  Nothing overly fancy, just simple outfits I used to wear Monday through Friday now seem to make their first appearance on Saturdays.  It might have something to do with Matthew taking the kids on a standing breakfast date so I actually have some quiet time to get dressed. Baby Steps.  One day I'll have it all together every day.

I've also been trying to slip away a bit more on Saturday afternoon's during quiet time.  Nothing exciting.  Just a quick trip to Target and Trader Joes or Homegoods in peace.  I have a hard time carving time out for myself. I feel like the weekends should be when our whole family spends time together.  But that's also the best opportunity for me to get some much needed alone time.  And I'm realizing more that Matthew and the kids need time together away from me as well. 

Do you try to get away by yourself on the weekends?  Meet a friend for a kid-free lunch?  Just go wander around Nordstrom alone?  I love to drive through Starbucks and just enjoy my freedom for two hours.

Anthropologie Parrel Top | Monarch Wing Collar Necklace | Tory Burch Amanda Cross Body Bag | Splendid Lakota Bootie | Rag & Bone Highrise The Skinny Jean | Tory Burch Simone Cardigan | Leather Loop Keychain | GUCCI Open Sided Sunglasses | Kate Spade White Enamel Bezel Silicone Metro Watch | Tory Burch Kerrington Shopper

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

15 comments:

  1. I must buy that Tory Burch bag!!! Love it! My kids are 10 and 7 so when they are in school, I get all my errands done and manage to have some "me" time. Now I just have to work on getting some alone time with my husband! Enjoy your weekend!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about Saturdays. I have four kids that I homeschool so the weekend is my time to get out and run errands on my own. I head out first thing in the morning while my husband and kids hang out at home in their pj's having breakfast and watching cartoons. They enjoy their time with just dad! And I enjoy some time too.
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband takes my daughter to breakfast and the park every Saturday so I have the chance to workout, shower, or just enjoy my coffee without little fingers trying to grab it! They enjoy their time together and I enjoy my time alone. Sundays are our family day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopping or even just running errands alone is one of my favorite things. I think having grown up as an only child, I'm someone that really needs my alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cardigan and the Tory striped bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty spring outfit and I think everyone needs a Tory Burch tote! Yes, I think it's good for everyone to go their separate ways every now and then. Shopping, if just to Target can be a welcoming reprieve for a busy mom (or anyone that needs some quiet time;) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wandering around Target or Home Goods by myself is one of my favorite things to do! So important for us moms to get some me time to recharge. I am a better wife and mother when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pucks..the tote is so cute. Yes, I try and get away for a bit on the weekends....either the mall for a quick walk-thru or target...Any excuse to have a little break..maybe even food shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know exactly what you mean. It's also hard for me to find time for myself because I feel the same way about the weekends. And my husband travels a lot on the weekends so I find it even harder to slip away on the weekends when he's home. So tough, but definitely good for us to get out of the house alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes. My husband and I each trade off watching the kids. Even just going to the grocery store is a break these days! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving that necklace and the striped tote - perfect for Spring!
    xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am hoping to snag a pair of booties on sale at the end of the season...the pair you posted is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am happy to find your website and can join to comment
    I think is very valuable to be able to read your writing, and on this occasion will I use for my reference source
    Thank you so much for sharing, I hope you continue to write spirit next topic
    obat pembesar penis vimax asli

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Nice blog. I was searching for such kind of informative blog since a very long time. Really interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk