JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Traditional Chic Boy Nursery

March 6, 2014

Y'all.  I stumbled across this nursery in my reader this morning and fell in love.  I've been following along with Whitney's home progress for a few years now through her blog, The Pink Elephant.  She has great taste and I've loved watching her transform her traditional old home with careful ease.  She's honoring the style of her home and making thoughtful long-term design decisions.  All the while, you can tell two young people live there.  It's not just your momma's house.  Anyway, Whitney is due with her first in just 10 days.  Godbless people.  I'm just so excited for her.  She's graciously allowed me to share her nursery here with all of you today. 

I call it traditional chic with a nod towards modern jungle.


 And just to show you how helpful it is to start with a moodboard to keep you on track no matter your budget or timeframe.  Let's take a look at Whitney's original plan for the room.  She's ended up with  a pretty real translation of the space.  Some pieces are not exact but that's okay. 


 Gorgeous.  I just know this sweet baby boy is going to love his new room.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

19 comments:

  1. Love the changing table! I have those S and L baskets and wish I had a couple more- they are so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and that rug is everything in that room! Love the giraffe art! Everything is perfect. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The changing table is great as is the wonderful painting. She did a great job. It's sophisticated yet still appropriate for a baby.

    ~D
    http://bmorebungalow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This room is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! so fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this nursery! it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this Julia - it's perfection. Love every detail. I'm dying to get that changing table in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! That rug is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! I love how she incorporated a giraffe theme without making it too thematic and cutesy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love thus blog and have been following her for a while too! She is very talented. Everything is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a truly gorgeous nursery! She has great style and an eye for decorating.
    www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bright blue and orange combo is a nice change from what you usually see in nurseries. And I love the ring pulls on the cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! I love that rug so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just so so cute! Love the giraffe print, the chandelier, and the "naps fix everything" print.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the giraffe print and rug. The lamp on the changing table will last about 10 seconds though....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love everything about this room! Especially the giraffe print and brass giraffes! So fun!

    XO,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness...love, love, love! My faves are the giraffe print, the piece of furniture used as a changing table, and the lamp on the changing table! I also love that lots of these are pieces that could be easily moved to another room down the road!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk