JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Green Bathroom Cabinets

August 6, 2014


It's time for me to get off my butt and paint the cabinet base in the kids bathroom.  I know we're still years off from gutting this bathroom but I think I can make some big impacts for cheap in the meantime.  With just one tiny window above the toilet, it's really hard to photograph this room.  The third image, with the diy dip-dyed stool, is really the most accurate picture in terms of wall tile and floor tile color.  So keep that in mind.  And I've been in love the way that bright green really tones down the tile color. 


Kind of like in this image from BHG.  Overall, it's not my most favorite bathroom styling ever.  I wouldn't bring in all those other shades of green or have any wood tones that dark.  Basically I'm focusing on the wall color paired with the bright grass green.  Are you with me?

Because the sinks and tops are a solid piece of beige, painting the cabinet white is out.  I think a nice grey would be a really pretty and safe option.  But after adding in some splashes of color like you saw above, I'm kind of loving the idea of bright green.  And this doesn't need to be a permanent love because the whole thing will be removed in a few years anyway.


Here are two other examples of green sinks.  Pretty fun right?

 

I also love this bathroom Bailey of Peppermint Bliss redecorated keeping the same pink tile in tact.  She just embraced the uniqueness and played that up.  Such fun!

So what's your vote?  Am I crazy to go green?

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

24 comments:

  1. Green stripes!! Love love that last pic!! And it's nice you've already got plantation shutters in there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How fun! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it! It's just paint and can be changed if you don't love it. But I think you will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green. Do it, do it, do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the green would be great! Such a fun update for a kids bath too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last inspiration photo has me sold. We're in the same boat with years to go until bathroom gut jobs. I love the idea of going with what you have on the cheap in the meantime. My girls' bathroom has a super dated, powdery grey-blue tile on the floor...not sure WHAT to do with that! I need to brainstorm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm currently painting our 1/2 bath vanity and wall cab the same green used by YHL in one of your inspiration pics (YHL, they can do no wrong) ... love it! The color is cheerful, fresh, and modern without being neon or crayon color-ish. Using BM Advance paint (the water clean up "oil" paint formula) and the finish is gorgeous and the clean-up as simple as they say, just water :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had that tile in my last house and painted the sink base an apple green. It was cute. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the green ! Especially the console with the marble top. I can't wait to see how it all turns out !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the green! I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. go green! I think it will look great!! and like you said it will be renovated down the line so it's not that big of a change!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If it was the master, I'd say go with the grey. I love that inspiration photo! But since it's the kids bathroom, do the green! Can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the green and Bailey's bathroom -- I would definitely go for that look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the green, but be careful which green you choose. I like the green in Bailey's bathroom a lot more than the green in the BHG picture. I think the BHG green would not look as good with the beige tiles and floor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you see Jenny's (LGN) post on painting the tile in her guest bath? She used black, but it looked great. Walls, floors, bath...EVERYTHING tile. Just a thought...but I do Love the Green idea for the cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it could look great--and the brighter the green, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like green, a fun bright green!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I say do what you like! I love how with paint, if you don't like it, you can always change it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the idea of green, but if it were me I might go a little bit darker!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm loving the idea of green! I would definitely go to a deeper, jewel toned emerald though.
    Would be so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's just paint! and a fun pop of color- I say go for it! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just painted a dresser green.... I loved it so much I want to paint my kitchen cabinets the same green. Check out Sherwin Williams Cilantro, best green ever!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice pics. To get more relevant information visit here bathroom remodeling Austin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk