I spotted a little black metal two tiered rolling rack of sorts last weekend at a thrift store for $9. While others saw a wobbly piece missing it's shelves, I immediately saw a bar cart. I took it home and gave it a once over with some gold spray paint just to make sure my vision wasn't blurry. It is going to be as fantastic as I thought it would be. I still need to finish painting and build shelves.
The big decisions:
Paint: gold or white
Shelves: Glass or Mirror or wood shelves
Here is where we are now. I'm loving the gold, although I ran out of spray paint and need to pick up another can. I would also love to find an acrylic tray to place on top but that size might be wishful thinking. I'm also thinking mirror on the top shelf and glass on the bottom two might be nice. Thoughts?
You can see the true before below. Even then it was calling my name. The lines, size, and shape are all perfect. I could see even putting this in our bedroom or my office upstairs as a coffee bar station instead of using it as an actual alcohol bar. Our house has really squeaky stairs and I've thought about how nice it would be to make coffee upstairs before the kids get up. This might be my chance to make that happen!
I've got lots of inspiration below. It's really just a matter of choosing color and shelf material. Which way do you think I should go? Do you have a bar cart in your house?
So much goodness. Now I want a drink!














You fell in love with the structure of the bar cart. If you cover that up with morror or wood you will loose that. I think that yu should have glass and gold. Of cause gold!
ReplyDeleteGold!
ReplyDeleteAll of the bar carts pictured are so fun!! I vote for the gold as well
ReplyDeletewww.BundleMeBaby.etsy.com
Love the gold! I think glass or mirror whichever is cheaper. Good find...which thrift store?
ReplyDeleteI love the Gold so much! Glass would look great. You have me wanting a bar cart now :-) I always love reading your blog and seeing your instagram pictures because you have such great style and are so creative with all of your pieces.
ReplyDeleteGold! Looks amazing, good find!
ReplyDeleteHI! I am pretty sure Lowes or Home Depot will cut the acrylic for you per size if you wanted to use that for awhile, instead of glass. And go for gold!
ReplyDeleteI'm worried acrylic won't be strong enough but I will definitely look into that option!
DeleteThe gold looks amazing!! Can't believe the difference. We actually have the bar cart in the third image and it has mirror…we love it, but the glass would be equally as beautiful - cant' wait to see it complete!
ReplyDeleteWould love to see a glass top. If the top can hide an extra layer of wood underneath the glass to attach a wine glass holders or a tiny wine rack like one of your inspiration pictures would be nice. Or little hooks to hang your coffe mugs if you going to go for the coffee cart :) The second shelf is so low I think the addition can work. Enjoy your great find, any way you go its going to be beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThat transformation is going to be amazing! Gold would look beautiful! Xo, Stephanie
ReplyDeleteDefinitely gold! The gold paint made the cart blend in with your style more fabulously. Plus, not only does the gold color make it chic, it makes it look classy as well. Although I think you've got most of the fab down with the cart's original structure already. You did a great job on that one, Julia! Kudos and all the best to you!
ReplyDeleteTraci Mcdaniel @ Carolina Material Handling, Inc.