I know it's super picture heavy so I'll just skip the words today. I'll be back over the next few days discussing some of my choices and details further. Every decision was really thought out and I tried to make it both a pretty and liveable space. Enjoy!
If you're new here, I've spent the last six weeks completely making over our master bedroom into a peaceful and easy master retreat! Be sure to check out the the way this room has evolved below!
Welcome to our peaceful and relaxed master bedroom!
Thank you so much for following along and for all of the help and encouragement along the way! I would love to know if you are linking up tomorrow so I can stop by and see your space as well! Cheers to another fabulous One Room Challenge!
____________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________
Also,
be sure to check out the
final reveal of the other fabulous participants below. Everyone has
such different style and there is so much inspiration to be found in
these spaces!
Trademarked by Calling it Home
____________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________
Sources:
Duvet Cover + Euroshams || Headboard || Monogrammed Sheets || Lumbar Pillow Fabric || Navy + White Striped Blanket (homegoods) || Bedside Tables || Capiz Mirror (homegoods) || White Lamps (homegoods) || Art Print (beach scene) || Mohair stool (target) || linen leopard pillow || French Market Basket (with plant inside) || Console Table || Upholstered Chairs from Arhaus || Moroccan Pouf || Seafoam Linen Lacefield Pillow || Blue Medallion Pillow || Blue Chevron Kufri Life Pillow || White Lamps (homegoods) || Blue + Navy Art Print || Blue and Gray Art Print || Taupe Ikat Shams || ReWined Rose' Candle || navy + white leather monogrammed catch-all || acrylic monogrammed tray || Ginger Jar (similar) || Turquoise stools (homegoods) || Stone Herringbone throw || Roman Shades || Linen Bedskirt || Sisal Rug || Paint Color: Sea Salt cut to 50% || Emily Jeffords Art Print || Linen Storage Bench || TEAM FOR LIFE print by me in IKEA RIBBA FRAME || Metal Platform Bed || wicker laundry basket (homegoods)
A special thank you to the One Room Challenge sponsors
It was also a great experience working with these two companies in this space
____________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________
And a giant thank you to Linda of Calling It Home for orchestrating this incredible blogger event!





















So calming and spa like...I'd love to hang out here too! Love how you designed around the TV. It's always such a hard place and you did a great job. Beautiful room. ~Sonya
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! TV's are hard but I'm happy to let mine shine!
DeleteLove it Julia!!! Such a serene space. I'm linking up our garage makeover tomorrow. Again, beautifully done as always!
ReplyDeleteXO-
Amelia
Thank you! Can't wait to see that!
DeleteThis turned out great Julia! Love you solution for the tv area. Looks perfectly relaxing!
ReplyDeleteThank you lady! I have no problem letting that TV hang out in all it's Bravo-loving glory ;)
DeleteWhat a pretty space! So serene and relaxing to come home to. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! It really is serene!
DeleteYour room looks peaceful, but I really think you should move the console back under the tv. It fits there perfectly and doesn't work between the two chairs. You need something round there to break up all the rectangles in the room. Once you move the console, I would get rid of the bench at the end of the bed.
ReplyDeleteha! I've tried it every which way trust me. Bed looks short and stumpy without a bench. Round table couldn't handle the right scale for a piece of art or mirror to lean on the sloped wall. Anything deeper under tv felt heavy. I'm just thrilled with the way it looks now but I can never keep things exactly the same for long. You may just see it the way you suggested one day :)
DeleteAlso, where is the table that the your jewelry is on in the monogrammed dishes? I couldn't find it in the larger pictures.
ReplyDeleteIt's in our closet. I realized I didn't get a good shot of that so it will have to wait for another post ;)
DeleteGorgeous! Such a soothing retreat to unwind at the end of the day. Congrats to another beautiful ORC!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank so much girl! It's the best!
DeleteA beautiful room Julia! It's calm, peaceful and just how you want a bedroom to feel. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Jen. It really is exactly how I wanted it to feel :)
DeleteI LOVE it Julia!!! The room is so calm and inviting. You did an amazing job and I just love it all.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much girl! I'm in love with it. ANNNND, I still owe you an email :)
Deletewhat a serene and dreamy space! love, love all of the textures! well done!
ReplyDeleteJulia, what a breath of fresh air your bedroom is!! A glorious place to start and end the day. Your romans are gorgeous, and all the soft colors, so pretty!! Amazing job as usual, enjoy your new space!
ReplyDeleteThank you! It really is awesome :)
Deleteaaaahh! Now that's a place to relax in. So soothing and serene. I love it all!! Fantastic job, Julia!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much girl! I'm so happy with how it turned out!
DeleteIt's gorgeous Julia! So serene and peaceful!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much lady!
DeleteAaaaaahmazing! So relaxing and serene?
ReplyDeleteIt really is such a soft space which I love!
DeleteYou did an amazing job! Looks phenomenal!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I love how it turned out!
DeleteBeautiful, Julia! Looks like a wonderful retreat at the end of the day (and maybe in the middle of it, too).
ReplyDeleteoh man that sounds awesome. That's the only downside, this room mocks me all day. Cooooome, siiiiit dooooooowwwwnnn. Cloooooose yooour eyes. Relaaaaaax. Then, BAM, reality hits :)
DeleteThis room is so serene and just inviting, bravo!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Krystine!
DeleteYour bedroom is so calm and pretty looking...you did a fantastic job!
ReplyDeleteThank you! The calmness is just what I was after :)
Deletewhat a beautiful and serene room! It's so beautiful and airy! Congratulations on a beautiful transformation! What a perfect place to wake up every morning in!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Albertina! It is a great place to start my day!
DeleteYou killed it!! So amazing!! Xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks lady! And thanks for stopping by yesterday :) xo
DeleteOh I love this! This is definitely the direction we're taking our master. And I have the sea salt paint chip on my wall now, but love the idea of using it at 50%. Love all the white bedding--so serene!
ReplyDeleteI love it cut because I can't handle a lot of color on the walls. This is really bright and airy during the day but gets moody/darker at night and the color is much more saturated. Really pretty both ways. Can't go wrong I think!
DeleteYou definitely achieved your goal of a peaceful and relaxed bedroom but also a gorgeous one too!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou definitely achieved your goal of a peaceful and relaxed bedroom but also a gorgeous one too!!!!
ReplyDeleteJulia, I can totally picture your sweet family all snuggled up in there! You did a great job creating a space that's luxurious but still so comfortable, just looking at it makes me de-stress! Love your 'team for life' print!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Pam! That is exactly what I wanted. Something really nice and luxurious but where my babies can still climb up and get cozy!
DeleteAs for the print, that's so special to us. It's what my husband and I have been saying to each other since before we got engaged :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour room looks fabulous! So relaxing and calm but polished at the same time. I have been deciding on that rug for some time now. How do you like it? How does it feel on your bare feet is what my husband always asks me?
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! Soooooo, the rug. We have four of these and have had them for a few years. They're not the softest rugs out there. But they were cheap, like for real cheap. I got all during the big 75% off sales. And they hide dirt and vacuum like a dream. So I was willing to compromise. I actually don't wear shoes in the house and have been walking on them barefoot for years and think they're perfectly fine. Not soft. But not bad either. It did feel prickly for the first week or so when we go them but my feet must have adjusted quickly. Hope that helps!
DeleteYes! Thank you so much! They are 75% off now I think I'm going to go for it!
DeleteWhat a dreamy space! So peaceful and calming. Love the finishes you chose. Aren't you glad it's all over?! ;)
ReplyDeleteHow calming and serene. It is just beautiful! Bravo!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely, serene space! Beautiful work.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and relaxing! I love your monogrammed lucite tray. Can you please share where you bought them as I'd love to buy one for myself and my daughter!
ReplyDeleteIt's from forposhsake! @forposhsake on Instagram. Link is in the sources list!
Deletewhat a soothing and comforting bedroom. I could spend some quality time in this stunning space. Love it
ReplyDeleteFantastic Julia! So serene & I love the pops of blue - love that you went with just the headboard! Well done lady!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and restful Julia! Congrats! I've used those Arhaus lamps before in a client project and just love them! Sleep Well!!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, Julia! Looks very fresh
ReplyDeletewww.designsbykaty.com
What a beautiful space. You must never want to leave! Love every single detail!
ReplyDeleteAhh I LOVE it!!! So bright and beautiful and functional!!! Adore the sitting area! Bravo girlie! Xo
ReplyDeleteJulia- I love all of the fresh white so calm and peaceful. a beautiful place to wake up and end your day! Love all if the seating you have throughout the room and the pretty chairs and pillows!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteJulia, your bedroom is just beautiful! So light and airy, peaceful and calming and has a spa/retreat feel to it. A wonderful place to unwind at the end of the day. Sea Salt is one of my favorites. Your pillows are gorgeous and that striped blanket was a perfect find. I also love your pretty robe hanging. Thank you for sharing your room with us.
ReplyDeleteSuch a soothing space to snuggle and relax! It came together beautifully! I love the little stools under the TV and the art paired with the soft textiles. I hope you are resting easy in your new lovely space now that you have crossed the finish line. :)
ReplyDeleteI wish I could climb into that bed. What a lovely retreat. great job. This is how everyone should start and end their day.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could climb into that bed. What a lovely retreat. great job. This is how everyone should start and end their day.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this room! I have a very random question. I noticed your duvet is from PB. What do you put inside it? It doesn't look overly thick. I can only usually buy king matelassé's because my washer won't wash anything larger and I don't like having to launder outside of home. It becomes a pain. Just curious? Congrats on the room!
ReplyDeleteHey! It's just a regular down comforter from the company store. A trick all the stores do to get that full look is to double stack two down comforters. I actually used to do that but was wasting so much time stuffing them back in after washing. This is still really cozy and I can live without the full look :)
DeleteJulia, I love how classy and relaxed your room looks. Your paintings are beautiful along with your Team for Life print! How clever! I love those chairs and your bench! Absolutely perfect!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I actually made that with stickers and some craft paper. It's my husband and I's special saying :)
DeleteI'm glad you like your bedroom. As you remind us so often, since it's your home, as long as you like it that's all that really matters. But I can't help but be confused by your finished product. The other participants did so much, but it seems like you just rearranged furniture and sewed a pillow cover.
ReplyDeleteWhy so many stacks of pillows? Why is nothing cohesive? Why are there three empty trays on that side table?
Oh Jessa, now the first part of your comment is a little bit too much "bitch eating crackers" for my taste. But I'd be happy to answer your following questions even though I have a feeling they weren't asked out of genuine curiosity.
ReplyDeleteOverall, I decided not to stage this room for a fake photo shoot to show on here but to actually photograph how we live in this room. And that is pretty much at a clutter minimum. Minus cozy pillows, I guess.
For the pillows: We have a three year old and an almost five year old who inevitably invite themselves in to our room anytime they like day or night. And they like pillows. We have two big blankets hiding in the wicker basket in the corner and a duvet in the bench at the end of our bed. There are two pillows stacked on top of the basket because that's what we grab when they want to lay on our bed and watch a show or climb in under the covers at night. We also have a crib mattress hiding under the bed for sleepovers. I have found we can never have enough pillows or blankets in this room but I see no reason to keep them on my bed just to remove them every night and put them back on again in the morning. The lone pillow on the foot bench under the tv is where I prop my feet up at night if I'm reading. And I like pillows.
Cohesiveness: I think this may be a matter of opinion and I will just agree to disagree here. There are many elements that could be tweaked and improved upon but overall I think it flows nicely.
Empty Trays: I had no idea that not putting a watch and keys or change and cufflinks and a cell phone and a glass of water into a picture could cause someone so much confusion. The glass tray is used as a coaster for my husband's nightly bottle/glass of water. The two leather catchalls are just that, a catch-all for whatever comes out of my husband's pockets after work. The small one holds his cell phone and the larger his wallet and keys every single night. He was at work when I took the photos so the trays were empty and I didn't see the need to fake that.
Thankfully this challenge features 20 different participants with very different style so that's pretty exciting that you were able to be inspired by 19 strangers yesterday! I call that a win :)
The other 19 participants designed. You moved the pillows around and did away with furniture designed to hold clothing.
DeleteJulia....I love this space....of course never met a light bright room I didn't like:) It is so soft and pretty. I do love that lumbar pillow on the bed and all of your furniture pieces are so nice and neutral they will be able to be used for years to come. Good job designing a beautiful master bedroom!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Sherry! Such a wonderful compliment coming from you. I do think we'll love this room for years to come!
DeleteWhat an amazing transformation! A true job well done. I adore the color palette you selected. It feels fresh and calm. The six weeks went by so fast. I completed our entry, living and dining areas in a new to us 30 year old house. So, cheers to us! Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteI love everything about your room!!! So peaceful and relaxing, perfect for a master retreat!! Wonderful job as always!
ReplyDeleteMeg
Julia!!! It turned out amazing. Absolutely amazing. I adore your sitting area by the windows and how the bed turned out. And I love that you decided not to put anything above the bed. It's so good as is. Awesome job!
ReplyDeleteI love the softness in this room with the touches of blue, especially the pillow and throw! We are going for something similar in our master, so thanks for the inspiration! Great work!
ReplyDeleteLove this! So peaceful and exactly how a bedroom should feel. Love the colour palette and I swoon over the lumbar pillow every time I see it. Kudos Julia!
ReplyDeleteYou did a fabulous job, I love every detail! This room is the perfect place to end any day! I loved participating in the ORC, can't wait to do it again! Xo, Stephanie
ReplyDelete