JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Questions

July 12, 2016

Y'all know I've become a bit of an open book on here in the past few months.  I've always been that way in "real life" and I realized that raw realness was missing from my blog.  I'm so glad I've begun to correct that.  I don't share myself because I think my story is special.  But I do think the act of sharing our stories is special.  Storytelling.  Fables.  Myths. Narratives.  Tales.  These ways of connecting and weaving individuals together have been around forever and are a large part of what makes us human.  The versions we're all familiar with may have been written down and credited to one person, but they came about because many many people were telling their experiences to others.  And the collective response of "me too!" or "oh no!" was enough to keep telling.  Sharing our thoughts is important and I want us all to feel that our stories are worth sharing.


After that dramatic intro above it may surprise you to know that I've got writers block.  Ha!  I have a million things clogging up my head right now and not enough quiet alone time to sort them out.  If I'm really honest, it's too much alone time with my kids.  Not enough time with other adults.  Zero friend time.  Minimal husband time.  Summer can be hard for me because I feel a bit isolated and the lack of schedule is only fun for a while before I start feeling simultaneously overwhelmed and bored.

I thought it would be fun to turn the tables on you just a little today.  I'd really like for you to leave a comment or send me an email either sharing a little bit about yourself or asking me something you'd like to know about me.  Are there any follow-up questions you wish I would answer or any topics you hope I'll address.  I know you must be curious about something!  I plan to do a follow up post answering your questions so I'm counting on you to ask some good ones!  I don't want to have to pretend that a reader was sooooooooo desperate to know my favorite actress or what's in my purse.

Come on, what do y'all want to talk about?  Help me out!

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

17 comments:

  1. What have your best and worst haircuts been like? Where do you love to vacation? What's your vacation style -- lounging, eating at hip foodie restaurants/exploring, or doing things? What articles of clothing are the most sentimental for you? What's a piece of clothing that was unique and cool but somehow managed to be the perfect neutral, too? --> coming from a fellow "allergy kid" mom / party planner / not-naturally-anymore blonde :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! Love these. I might have to drink a lot of Rose´tonight have the nerve to show off my haircut from my freshmen year in college ;)

      Delete
  2. Text me and let me know when you're free to catch up! I'm happy to give you some adult interaction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! Maybe Thursday morning? Kids are at VBS all week. hallelujah!

      Delete
  3. How did you get into blogging and your current real estate career - and are you enjoying it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you do a post on your children's food allergies? How you discovered? How you manage?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to hear more about that "house" at the back of your property!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! You always look like a million bucks! Can you share what you look for when adding pieces to your wardrobe? There are so many choices, how do you choose, or narrow it down? Do you try to adhere to a capsule wardrobe? What do you wear on casual days, running errands,etc.? How do you style your hair? Products,etc. How are you adjusting to working as a real estate agent, after being home with your children for the most part? Do you have any strategies to help keep up with home responsibilities?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We vacation at Litchfield Beach/Pawleys Island at least once a year. I'd love to know your favorites there, for adult date nights and dinners or lunch out with kids, as well as any other favorite activities or stores!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your style! I need to get our small study together and I want it to be clean, classic and masculine. My husband is an avid fly fisherman and hunter so there will be a deer head and fishing "stuff." I'd love your help with ideas!

    I really enjoy your blog and it's truly refreshing to see real life portrayed from time to time. Raising young kids with so much perfection seen via social media is scary. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love reading your blog! I got married in January and moved a few hours from my family in Raleigh to the Coast. I was just wondering was it hard for you when you didn't live near family? I am super close to mine. I had the great job and the good food and shopping and family and friends for 30 years there so it's been hard. Just wondering if you liked Pawleys better or Richmond. Leaving at the coast has its advantages with the slower pace. Wondering what life was like for you before kids, what did you and your husband enjoy doing. We would like to start a family pretty soon since we are both older. What was it like with just one child and how did it change with two. My sister also lived in the Nashville/Franklin area for a few years and I loved visiting! I know your sister lives there. Do you find your friendships change when you get married or have kids, with different stages in life. Random questions, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I identify with feeling overwhelmed with a lack of routine during the summer, but have found that it's easier to do as the kids get older- so hang in there! I always appreciate your more personal posts and the real as opposed to what looks/sounds good all the time. There is too much staged/edited stuff out there and more and more I find myself just clicking on to something else these days. I wonder if you ever regret starting to blog? I have been reading you for years- one of the first posts I remember was a fabric bow you made for Wells! It seems that over the years the "business" of blogging has changed things so much- do you wish it could be that way again or do you enjoy it more now?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you ever put together a city guide for Nashville of your favorite places to eat, shop or things to do? We have a wedding to attend there in a couple of weeks and I would love recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia- I enjoy reading your blog and admire you for sticking with it for so long. I love the real life content too and the reasonably priced clothes posts. I bought a dress you had featured and get so many compliments on it. You are getting better with age, my sweet sorority sister. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia, I LOVE your blog and your content has only improved. The real life posts are so refreshing. Your sentiments on summer echo exactly what I've been feeling lately. I have a 5 month old son and very few good friends where we live in Boone as we've only been here a little over a year. I'm off from working at App State in the summer and my husband works long hours at the hospital. Some days I just feel like I can't accomplish anything because I haven't filled my own cup enough with good girlfriend time or time with my husband.

    I love the podcasts you shared recently....I've been listening to them when I get the rare chance to workout.

    I'd love to hear more about how you discovered the food allergies, how you keep things organized in your home, products you use, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would you mind sharing a Day in the Life post at some point? I'm a SAHM to a toddler and am always fascinated by how other moms fill the days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk