May 18, 2012

Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad

So y'all know I've stepped up my wifely a-game lately and added daily swiffering and dinner cooking into  my repertoire.
This is an old favorite of mine from back when I first got married and tried out cooking once or twice.
It's so easy and so delicious.
I promise you'll be so glad you made it.


SOUTHWEST GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD
ROMAINE LETTUCE
VINE RIPE TOMATOES
SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
GRILLED BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN STRIPS
{grilled with pepper or any seasoning and drizzled with fresh lime juice}
1 CAN OF CORN (MEXICORN OR SWEET) (DRAINED)
1 CAN OF BLACK BEANS (DRAINED)
{black beans and corn combined and cooked in a hot skillet to brown them}
TORTILLA STRIPS
CHOPPED RED ONION
1 PACKET OF ZESTY RANCH DRESSING MIX
SOUR CREAM
{fix the ranch packet according to directions and then dilute with milk or water to make a more salad dressing consistency}
LIME
{squeeze on top}

15 comments:

  1. You're such a domestic goddess and such a good wifey. Totally trying this out between using my magic eraser on the walls. We are seriously so domestic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks so good. I will definitely have to give this recipe a try! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is blogging recipes today! and early in the am this is making me terribly hungry! Great recipe and looks healthy plus chic!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooking AND swiffering! I'm slacking. This salad looks goooood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do it all!! Guess I better stop blogging and get swifting, feeling like a slacker;) Yummy salad!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad looks scrumptious. I'll definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I wasn't any help yesterday. My memory is horrible! If it's not written down, I don't remember it. I can't wait to have this yummy salad again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks super delish!! Can't wait to try it.

    Xx. Patience

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious and I think this will be our dinner tonight! Have a great weekend Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks SO yummy. Come make it for me tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so proud of you for stepping up your cooking game. This salad looks easy and delish! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so inspired by you- daily swiffering AND daily cooking? You go girl!!! This salad looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daily swiffering AND cooking?! You're making me look bad Julia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!