JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

New House: Front Hall Progress

February 6, 2014

I've been busy sprucing up our front hall lately.  We are so fortunate to have a nice large entry that gets lots of light.  Such a contrast from our last two homes.  The room acts as both a landing zone for our things but also a literal first glance into our home.

Having a mirror in the front hall is a given.  I like to take a quick glance before I head out the door.  I love that the lamp feels really cozy in the evenings when we don't necessarily need the overhead lanterns turned on but don't want it dark either.  I'm really loving how the glass adds some interest without taking up too much white space. That's really important to me right now.  Of course I've got some trinket trays for corralling our keys and whatever else empties out of Matthew's pockets in the evenings.  That's huge for me.  I like home decor items that add something rather than just taking up space.

I keep my scarves in the top big drawer and snow scrapers in the drawers and lint rollers, etc in the smaller drawers to the right.  Wells' brush and bow are stored in the top left drawer because it seems the last thing we do before we leave the house is need to grab a hair bow.  The bottom drawer is currently full of diapers.

Read more about the progress in our front hall, including that amazing lantern, here and also the shocking before of what this space looked like when we moved in here.  To say it's an improvement would be a giant understatement.

What are you must-haves for inside your front door?  Do you that space to set the tone for the rest of your house or as a free pass to go wild?


A special thank you to Kenroy Home for providing me with the apothecary table lamp and portside wall mirror.  I chose them because of their light and easy feel.

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

24 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous. I love the dresser and the simple accessories are perfect there. What a beautiful foyer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found you through Pinterest. Love your style! I'm a big fan of blue and white with natural woods. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Julia!! That lamp is amazaballs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful....love the glass lamp...it is perfect. And that chest is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so inviting (and so you!)!! I'm impressed Well's brush is in the foyer - ours is in the car - truly last minute ;).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a stunningly beautiful piece of furniture! Love how you styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wood grain on that chest is gorg!! I love the way you kept the rest of the styling neutral so the wood can shine.

    Beautiful job Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful job with a tight space! I love that mirror. I hope one day to put my grandmother's dresser in my front hall (first I need to get a front hall..)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful space! That chest is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That chest is gorgeous. Love the mirror, the lamp, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The entry looks incredible now - so light and open! That chest is completely gorgeous.
    I wish we had an actual entry to work with right now. Our front door is on the side of our house and you walk directly into the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks so good! I love these pictures of your progress in the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful antique piece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is your wall paint color

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I can't find the post or link (if there is one) for the lantern. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been looking for a mirror exactly like yours! Glad I checked in with you today :-) The space looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow-i saw this on pinterest yesterday and did not know it was your design-LOVE!!! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that lamp. Such a great space to welcome visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this looks fabulous!!!! happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just LOVE your foyer - it looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous piece of furniture! Love the blue and white planter and gold frame, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally repinned that first image the other day, and had no idea it was yours. Looooove the entry. That mirror is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk