JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

One Room Challenge Update #ORC

February 26, 2014

Well Linda the creator of the One Room Challenge has asked up to give everyone a big old update of our past #ORC rooms.  I almost didn't post my updates today because there is honestly nothing to show.  But Linda is a boss so I decided I better play nice.

The first two rooms I completed for the challenges were my office space and our master bedroom.  Both at our old house.  The third was the playroom in our new house.  I'm here to report that the playroom looks exactly the same. 

Time to keep it real.  It's been effing freezing here and the little baseboard heater just isn't enough to keep the space warm.  Through the first few weeks of December we left the door open to the living room to allow the heat to flow through and warm things up.  But the honest truth is that it grew our already large heating bill even larger.  And Matthew put a squash on it.  Oil heat is no joke my friends and no one needs a playroom that badly!  Christmas came and Santa conveniently brought all of the new toys to the living room.

So here she sits, just as we left her.  Perfectly clean and ready for Spring.


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

15 comments:

  1. Your space still looks fun, playful and chic Julia!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That space is just darling! Our sun room is cold too and only has a baseboard heater which we never turn on. My office is in there so I use a not.so.sexy space heater. It is upright and oscillates with temperature control - so not too, too bad I suppose. P.S. I still envy that shot of you in the mirror girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It still looks perfect!! Now hurry up spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. And I spy that fantastic Painted Desert Rug from L&G. So happy you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is a great space! I wish it would warm up. We had a little snow in NJ this morning..again!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great room - I'm sure you're more than ready to use it again! Fingers crossed for this snow to END!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, on the upside, the room still looks perfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Julia, this was Elissa's (from Fancy Free Me) idea. It wasn't mandatory, just something fun. I still love those rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping it warms up soon so you all can use it again! The plus side is it's still super clean and organized :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Freezing is right! I still have sunroom (and whole house) envy. I would love to open those doors and let a warm breeze blow in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fresh, fun room! I still looks perfect!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a great space. I am sure your kids will love it if it ever warms up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have oil heat too and it cost a fortune . We close off several rooms in our home too - I can't wait for spring! I'm sure your little cherubs can't wait to play in that gorgeous room! Xo nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! We still need to meet up one of these days. Are you getting back into painting marshes this spring?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the reminder of how much I LOVE this space! Hope it warms up soon so that the kids can enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk