If you're new here be sure to check out week one || week two || week three || week four to see how our master bedroom is evolving into a soothing and spa like master retreat.
I'm going to go ahead and warn you that today's post is picture heavy but I think that's much more fun to see at this point anyway!
Lots of pretty! There really is so much I love about this space. It's incredible how much nicer it is to start and end our day in a room we're really excited about. I know we've come a long way but I've still got a laundry list of things to get this room exactly the way we want it. Clock is ticking!
One major element in the room that I haven't really talked about it our bed. It's kind of the elephant in the room for real. My parents passed it down to me several years ago and Matthew and I love to hate this bed. We both love it on one hand but we hated the tall poles on the foot board. They block the view of the tv and made us feel a bit claustrophobic for some reason.
Second problem, we are adamant about having a tufted headboard. It's just amazingly more comfortable when sitting up in bed. We've been trying for about a year now to merge the two. I don't dislike it but I've just never really loved it. I thought about painting it white but realized yesterday that I needed to get off the fence and just order a platform instead. I love the look of a taller bed with a bed skirt so we'll still place the box-spring on the new metal frame. This bed will go into the attic until Tagg gets a little older and upgrades to a larger bed.
You can see in the next few pictures below that Matthew installed two of the three roman shades I ordered from LoomDecor. I accidentally broke the third one when I was trying to get it out for Matthew to hang so you'll notice the side window still has the blinds up. These things work on tension and it's not wise to take off the clips holding the strings tight. Lesson learned.
Also, I tried to go a wider view for you because that's always helpful for me. After the addition of cozy sitting area with our new chairs and console table, the bed pillow situation is my favorite. My new pillow from ShopMaddie G looks amazing. I had her make a small boudoir pillow to add some punch to the neutral mix. It's and odd size but I just shoved a spare standard pillow into it and it worked out perfectly. I'm also really starting to embrace the blue. I can't wait to see it paired with the Schumacher Garden of Persia.
Also, people always ask where I got my full euro inserts. They're from Pottery Barn and they're incredibly full and keep their shape. I've had these for almost three years now and they're just as full as day one. The shams and duvet can be found here.
And just in case you think I've got all my ducks in a row and will be sipping cocktails through the next seven days I will gift you with this little wall of "oh shit." Oh Shit.
I'm officially starting to stress about getting this all complete and photographed for you in just one week. Yikes! Maybe some cocktails will be needed after all.
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check in with the other ladies to see what they've been up to this week.
Jana Bek / Autumn Clemons / Coco+Kelley / The English Room / Vanessa Francis / Greige Design / Hi Sugarplum / I Heart Organizing / Jenna Sue Design / Stephanie Kraus / The Pursuit of Style / Savvy Home / Simple Details / Simply Grove / 6th Street Design / Jill Sorensen / Swoon Worthy / Waiting on Martha / Kimberly Schlegel Whitman











Those first images are money shots! Love seeing your progress and the direction you are going!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I am so thrilled with how it's turned out. I'm finally over the hump of wanting to move the pretties down to our family room too :)
DeleteJulia this room is so pretty and soft. It looks so relaxing and serene love your fabric choices and the shades from loom décor are so pretty. good luck in tis final week! xo
ReplyDeleteThank you! I was a bit worried about it being too soft at first but honestly I think I'm okay with that!
DeleteJulia, your roman shades are perfection, I couldn't love them more for your space! The whole room is feeling VERY spa-like and serene, it's all coming together so beautifully!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I was a bit nervous about not doing drapes but I think these are just perfect. And not too much pattern but not all white either. I'm so glad I took a chance on them :)
DeleteYour soft artwork, pops of blue and roman shades - all so good!! I have the same oh sh*t wall with the tv, yikes, I need a plan STAT!
ReplyDeleteYou got this, girl. Your room already looks beautiful and serene. Just like you!! The Arhaus chairs and roman shades look amazing.
ReplyDeleteThrilled to see the final product. It is a very peaceful space.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! Can you share your bedroom color? Thank you.
ReplyDeleteThank you! It's Sea Salt cut to 50%
ReplyDeleteNo shit....it's looking great! I love the warmth of the wood bed frame and that blue pillow is fab!
ReplyDeleteHey, we had a similar bed problem when we switch to a Tempurpedic. We decided to try a plain old metal bedframe with the new nail-head linen headboard. My husband raised the height with some wood blocks that he drilled out to set beneath the metal frame feet. It is perfect---we covered it in a beautiful pleated tweed-ish bedskirt and you would never know. I think it looks better than a platform and works great! Simple and inexpensive--plus you get to choose the fabric for the skirt and can hide things under the bed!! WIN. I can send a pic if you need it. Looking great!!! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteLooks great, Julia!!
ReplyDeletewww.fancysayshaveaball.com
Your bedroom is already looking so fresh and beautiful!!! Good luck with the TV situation, can't wait to see next week!
ReplyDeleteEvery time I see that bed, I want to dive in. Love the calm feeling of this room. Very pretty.
ReplyDeleteGirl...just go get a bed frame and hang the headboard on the wall....it will be fine! That is what I did in my master:) The room is coming together and love the window treatment fabric!
ReplyDeleteDo not hang anything above your bed, that is where bed bugs live and can thrive if they get in your house.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with Sherry! The space is looking awesome -- love the loom romans & you'll figure out the TV wall, can't wait for the reveal!
ReplyDeleteJulia, I absolutely love the softness and serenity of your Master Bedroom!
ReplyDeleteThe Roman Shades are perfect and I love the lamps (do you mind sharing the source?
xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Giveaway from The Enchanted Home!
I seriously spit my coffee when I got to your "oh shit" wall! hahaha...looking good
ReplyDelete