JuliaRyan.com. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Color My World Linky Party

May 1, 2012

It's hard to believe the color my world challenge is over.
I honestly love all the little touches of black this challenge has added to my home.
It's funny how I've hated black in the past.
My china cabinet project and side table diy were both projects I tackled in the past year to remove black from my rooms.
I think the key for me is to add black in small touches.  
Like eyeliner, it adds just a bit of outlining to the space and helps the eye find somewhere to focus.
But since it's in such small lines there is no black hole in the room like I disliked in those larger pieces of furniture.
Opinions?
What was your favorite project I tackled?
What color projects are you working on in your own home?
black and white python covered glass vases
Black framed modern art I painted myself
Black accessories like the Pottery Barn vase & top (used as a bowl), the zebra pillows, black and white dotted scarf used as a throw, and black Pottery Barn picture frames with black and white photos

Black accessories used in another vignette

Also, don't forget to check out the other participants

You can also join the party if you are an official follower of Pawleys Island Posh by inking up your own splash of color here.  

I'll be sharing my favorites next week so don't forget to link up!


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

20 comments:

  1. Your art darling! I looooved the art. You are going to teach me your ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the art - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the art and I never met a zebra print I didn't love! Challenge well done my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a tie for me between the black shade and the art! love the touches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the art you painted yourself - it has me so inspired to paint something bold!! Your room is gorgeous, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your living room. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pillows and the artwork! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, love it, love it!!! I'm having a hard time choosing a fav - it's a toss up between that fun black lamp shade and the gorgeous black art. You nailed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm with the majority here when I say, I still love the art! It just fits so perfectly in this room. The whole room is pretty good! Thanks for taking the challenge, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found you through the Color My World Link Party. Love your home! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your black accents, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those vases are perfection!! LOVE going to have to recreate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Abstract art paired with traditional pieces is one of my favorite looks! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the art, and your living room is gorgeous! I'm glad I discovered your blog. You have amazing taste!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the black that you incorporated, but if I had to choose a favorite it would be your modern art. It really looks professional! I think I've learned that a bit of black can pretty much go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love all the black accents you brought it! i think they suit your home beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love all the black accents you brought it! i think they suit your home beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the images of your home- I love your style so much! Such pretty uses of color.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just have to say your home is insanely gorgeous! I'm not sure why I am just now finding your blog but I have been reading down since your post today and love it! You have inspired me to get myself in gear- I paint also and LOVE your work!! xo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

 

Julia Ryan© Theme by Blog Milk